Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hit the blue yesterday for a couple hours with my buddy. It was bright and sunny. Got several small browns and a couple bows. My friend got a nice brown on a streamer and a few others. All on sz 18-20 mysis for me. I tried my sz20 red brassie which usually does well but they didn't seem to want it. I have been using tungsten putty lately in place of the usual split shot but I think I like split shot better and will be going back to it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The fish in that river must be tired of having their picture taken :D When I get the urge to tangle with a fat bow I head to the blue yet looks like their short a few mysis...........that bowski is scrawny lol........I'm glad to see your out fishing mang! Haven't seen a report on the old blue in quite awhile........go back and catch a beast!!!!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I like to use a minimum split shot (just enough to not hang me up in the shallowest depths I anticipate fishing) and then add and remove tung puddy as needed as I go. I like to roll the puddy into a cylinder along the line above the split shot. It looks like this:

Also, dip the puddy into the water after it's molded and before you cast it. That will harden it up and keep it in place.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Sounds like a nice blue bird day... And some fish were caught, good day!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Good outing... Tangler's advice is money!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'll be heading up there with a buddy as well, been up there a couple times in the past week.

The fish aren't on the same level as the blue but numbers and lack of people during the week make up for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts