Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Colo and Muddy creek on Sat. Probably one of the best days on the riv I have had since i was 10. Got to Wolford at aboot 6:00am. Only stayed for about an hour and a half. Got a nice 20 incher and a 16er(the reddest bow i have seen in years). The twenty took a chernobyl hopper, right up against a small cliff face. The 16er took the silver brassie i had off the ass end. Got to the Colo outside of parshall(the three parking lots, last one) at about 8:00. Caught 3 pig browns on that stretch. 16,20, and 22. All on the silver brassie hanging off a yellow madame X. Proceeded to bottom of Byers, got three more pig browns on a cream caddis, 18,19,21. Fished till i couldn't see a fly anymore. It was the CO so i didn't feel the need to mention the seventeen million 9-12 in browns that seemed to hit my fly every cast. Can't wait till fall, even more browns to be had. As much as some people hat them, Salmo Trutta is still my favorite.
Just figured i'd give a report. The hopper dropper seems to be killin em here in late summer. Heading out to MT next week for 6 days. Plan on hittin Clark,rock creek, warm springs, MO, and the Gally. Let you guys know how i do.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear someone is a fan. A lot of "true" western flyfisherman hate browns because of thier obvious impact on native fish. But I think they are a great addition to our states watersheds. Nothing I can do about the introduction of browns to western states except enjoy it. Right?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Im of the same opinion...id rather catch a big hook-nosed brown anytime over a big rainbow...but thats just my personal preference...

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S.
TH if you are interested we( me and a collection of unusual college anglers) are planning a brownie fest in mid Sept. Four days, four different rivers. Looking to get alot of money vid and pics of CO browns for upcoming(and current) projects. All flyanglers and brown lovers are welcome. Beer and BBQ every night are on the menu. Got a buddy who owns a NY restaurant doing all the cooking. Should be a good time. Just alot of guys who love to chuck flys and love good food. Will keep you updated on details.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course rottal and anyone else is invited to join us for one day or four. Please stop by for some food and some storys. This is a time to celebrate the brownie(as we do every fall). Will get more specific locations soon.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Sounds like a good deal....my big brown (well, sometimes little brown) hunting usually starts in October, but im always up for an outing---especially if food is involved---so fill me in with the details when you get your plan worked out...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts