Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has fished this river? not looking for specific spots or anything like that. Just trying to get a general idea of bug life, what to expect, and maybe a pattern or two that has worked for you. Taking a trip the end of september. Have lived in colorado all my life and have never fished this river.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
434 Posts
The Conejos is a sweet river. End of September, fish BWO's and streamers throughout the day. If it stays warm, hoppers will still be rocking and you may get a good fall caddis hatch.

You should also fish a mouse at some point around dusk.

There are a lot of great creeks around that area as well. Depending on the weather, you may want to get a map and do some exploring.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Stunner Pass! incredible up there in late September. I like fishing up high below platoro browns should be ready willing and able by then. Take a camera regardless if you catch fish that is some awesome fall country.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fished Conejos in late september in 09, along with many good fishermen. We did poorly. Water was low. Ended up fishing the reservoir for stockers with drys. I understand it can be a very good river earlier in the year. That time of the year I've done good on the Ark, Frying Pan, and 11 mile canyon. Van2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts