Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Gout is treatable. Why suffer. Life is too short, go get your uric acid levels stabilized.
I keep thinking that my gout is another motivation for me to get healthy. Unfortunately, it has not been enough of a motivation. It's a pretty good excuse for me to get a kitchen pass though. ;) Ok, Imma go lift weights as soon as I finish typing this.

· Registered
2,771 Posts
See your doctor and get appropriate Rx. Allopurinol or similar will drop your uric acid levels and there are a whole bunch of reasons why you really want to do that. Short term tx with colchicine, Indocin or even steroids may be appropriate but you need to talk with your doctor to decide whats right for you.

· Registered
253 Posts
See your doctor and get appropriate Rx. Allopurinol or similar will drop your uric acid levels and there are a whole bunch of reasons why you really want to do that. Short term tx with colchicine, Indocin or even steroids may be appropriate but you need to talk with your doctor to decide whats right for you.
Side effects may include shortness of height, blindness, having your weiner fall off and thinking you are from France.

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Side effects may include shortness of height, blindness, having your weiner fall off and thinking you are from France.
Wait a minute... Why you... :D

Speaking of all those treatments, I did not check into any of them, but it has to be better than the cobra in hard liquor... :biggrin1:

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Nice stringer there, sir. some chronic disease! Rx is last choice, natural remedies FTW (fishing) ;)
I'm giving myself another month. Then maybe I'll try the remedies that have the side effects that essentially would make me myself, sans the falling weiner part.

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Shoulda known Duck and mook were in there also-
Yup. You prolly saw their other set of pictures somewhere else. They went there Thursday afternoon and had time to recuperate. We drove there Friday (no sleep that night) and stayed up until past midnight on Saturday. That's why we were passed out Saturday afternoon and they weren't. Bastages thought it would be cute to take pictures of us like that... :mad:

· Registered
5,194 Posts
Well done! Very nice fish. All bait?
Last picture is great. Gout sounds horrid, feet are very important.

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well done! Very nice fish. All bait?
Last picture is great. Gout sounds horrid, feet are very important.
Bait for 6 hours in the day time when lures are slow. Lures from 3AM to 8AM, then from 7PM to midnight. Much more time was spent throwing lures but didn't take any pictures other than this small wiper:

· Registered
2,180 Posts
LOOKS LIKE A GREAT TRIP SIR!!!

Nice haul!

Sorry about the gout, that **** sucks!!!

I had a flair up this last week that was pretty bad. I got diagnosed last summer when it crippled me for about a month. It was so bad I had to buy a cane just to get around the house and work. It was in my toes, ankle and knee which I di not know it could affect those other joints. I can't seem to figure out what is causing mine so I take meds to try to keep it at bay. The meds work prettty good but I think I drank too much the weekend before last that caused this last flair up.

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
LOOKS LIKE A GREAT TRIP SIR!!!

Nice haul!

Sorry about the gout, that **** sucks!!!

I had a flair up this last week that was pretty bad. I got diagnosed last summer when it crippled me for about a month. It was so bad I had to buy a cane just to get around the house and work. It was in my toes, ankle and knee which I di not know it could affect those other joints. I can't seem to figure out what is causing mine so I take meds to try to keep it at bay. The meds work prettty good but I think I drank too much the weekend before last that caused this last flair up.
I don't have it as bad as you. It only affects my foot, from the two bigger toes to about half way through the foot. If you "must" drink, try hard liquor only, and cut the beer out. That seems to work for most people with gout.

· Registered
573 Posts
Yup. You prolly saw their other set of pictures somewhere else. They went there Thursday afternoon and had time to recuperate. We drove there Friday (no sleep that night) and stayed up until past midnight on Saturday. That's why we were passed out Saturday afternoon and they weren't. Bastages thought it would be cute to take pictures of us like that... :mad:
I doubt slayer is on Facebook.

That was a my plan to get you drunk so you'd pass out and I could finally catch a fish.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.