Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

If they get the chance, should the Broncos draft Andrew Luck?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I'm too busy helping others change lightbulbs

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF he enters the draft, and IF he's not the first overall pick, should the Broncos draft Andrew Luck?

I don't think so. I believe they have more dire needs in other areas that need to be addressed.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
baetisrun1 said:
I don't think we will have to worry about it! He will be playing for the Panthers next year!
guaranteed. their quarterbacks have sucked for awhile so that is happening for sure. but even if not, i think the broncos would then sell their pick for whichever team likes Luck the most.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I am putting my vote in for the cant miss corner Patrick Peterson from LSU to replace Champ when he goes and plays for the Pats, Colts, Bolts or Chefs...I cant think of less of an impact player for the Donkies...

·
Registered
51 Posts
zman said:
I am putting my vote in for the cant miss corner Patrick Peterson from LSU to replace Champ when he goes and plays for the Pats, Colts, Bolts or Chefs...I cant think of less of an impact player for the Donkies...
With Champ Bailey who was arguably the best shut down corner in the league this year, the Broncos had the worst defense points wise in the NFL. Why would we spend the second overall pick on another shut down corner? We need to get someone to control the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball. DJ Williams led the team in sacks this year from the Middle Linebacker position. I think they need to take Fairley or Bowers, or trade down a bit and pick up a few more picks.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Getting some help to DOOM would be a good idea. Sure wouldn't mind having a good CB either seeing as how champ will be gone.

But I agree that the line is where the help is needed. If you can put pressure on the QB, then you don't really need total badass corners. I would like to see Syd Quan get some more play time.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
yeah i agree use the draft pics on defense i also would like to see a veteran rb signed moreno cant seem to ever stay healthy

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
catfishking said:
yeah i agree use the draft pics on defense i also would like to see a veteran rb signed moreno cant seem to ever stay healthy
I agree, we missed out on Blount, but there should be a few legit vet running backs on the free agent market. I am beginning to think the only thing Josh McDaniels did right was draft Tim Tebow, I would definitely build the offense around Tebow, he brings a lot to the table. I like his energy and passion for the game.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Use the first three picks on defense, then take the best player available. They need to improve their D, but also are in need of a TE and some RB depth. Alot of holes to fill for John and the next coach.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
If Luck fell to #2 and they didn't draft him it would be almost a bigger mistake then hiring the boy wonder! Good teams only go as far as there QB takes them, a franchise QB is what teams are built on!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
why? how many friggin quarter backs do you want? do you really want to pay that high salary for another untested player? go for defense, trade tbone before he gets himself killed and be happy with orton.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
why is that funny? did he have a bad season? seems to me like he wasnt the reason they lost most of those games.tell me something i dont know.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
He is a system QB and the system is now gone! Not a franchise QB nor someone to build a team around!

·
Registered
978 Posts
littlemac said:
why is that funny? did he have a bad season? seems to me like he wasnt the reason they lost most of those games.tell me something i dont know.
Orton put up junk stats, he also didn't go out and win any of those games either. He's a good backup but not a starter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts