Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FISHING REPORTS often vary. Some are only a question, like: "WHAT'S HAPPENIN @ LAKE WHATEVER?".

Other reports have more specific information. What do you consider the most important information in a good fishing report?

It might me the location or geography, naming a branch or spot in a reservoir, etc........the depth fished.....the bait or lure......the time of day fished.....the kind of fish being sought.....the temperature of the water on that day.... the speed of the wind that day.....and/or the water depth of the reservoir, as in, 85% of full....

Other information not commonly given but of possible interest would be your rod & reel info, your line pound test and brand used...or even the clothing you took. What do you consider the most important info?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
;D

"...I was wearing a stunning cashmere camoflage bill cap, matched with camo trousers, bloused below and with large cargo pockets. My Vest was corduroy in a Forest Green, with button-down pockets in front, and a large zippered compartment in the back. My sneakers were color-coordinated with the grey boat interior paint scheme. And...oh yeah, the fishing was hot!" :-\

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Everything you listed is valuable. It is all part of the big picture. Missing just one element you listed could be the difference between a nice day outside at the lake and a great day catching fish.

Dan

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
As someone who is just getting into fishing (the knowledge part anyway). I really like to hear what it was caught on, and how it was fished. I have way to much tackle. When I try something I haven't caught anything on, I don't really give it a chance (time wise). I'm sure that lots of things will work, but if I hear/see somebody catching on something someway, I give it alot more time. I've got fish off lures recommened by 1eyered and andyrm66 since visiting this site. It has really helped. I think we're all a little obsessed here and there's no such thing as too much info.   :-\  Well, except for Nawanda's cashmere & bloused something ??

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Nawanda said:
Well right now, the TEMPERATURE is the most important information I see.
IMO only for lakes. I river fish in the colorado and the water temperature really doesn't matter that much or vary much either. Of course in the winter you just know not to use many lures and fish the worm very slowly in slack water, and in the spring-fall fish curly tail grubs and really bounce that night crawler along some good runs. Most of my reports are very detailed but the report I gave today was pretty vague, but everybody can find out where I'e been fishing by reading previous reports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts