Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harvey Gap and Rifle Gap
Needed a fishing fix so Catfishking and I took off to Harvey Gap early this morning for some perch fishing. Since this was the first trip to Harvey Gap for either one of us, we didn't know what to expect but to catch perch. Good thing that Brian brought along a couple of tip ups. After catching bunch of small perch, Brian set up 1 tip up for each of us so we can still use 1 pole to fish. About 15 minutes later, Brian had caught a pike on his tip up after missed on an early bite. 20 minutes later, my flag went off and I ran over, waited for few more minutes and yanked it real hard. After a while, this one came out of the hole thanks to a help from flyfishinggeek. This was my first ever pike on either soft or hard water. I had Brian snap couple pictures then we released it for another day. We later went to Rifle Gap in search of the elusive jumbo perch. We caught perch, small and big, big trout, big smallmouth, pike. It was fun day. BTW, flyfishinggeek, if you read this post, it was nice meeting you and thank you for the friendly conversation, advice, and the grilled brat. If you ever come this way, the beer is on me.
http://i44.tinypic.com/10mu7t1.jpg

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Nice report and cograts on the pike!...What a fatty!...ugly sweatshirt though!...lol

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Nicely done sir! Heck of a way to start of your pike fishing addiction! I was out there this morning in a blizzard, 30mph wind! Snowed probably 3 inches in about an hour and a half. I caught 50+ perch mostly dinks, had one flag go up set the hook too early and pulled the bait from its mouth. The perch I had on as bait was shredded though.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Beast! Fatty
Well done

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice report and cograts on the pike!...What a fatty!...ugly sweatshirt though!...lol

Great water wolf!
And sorry to agree with Z-man, but that is one ugly sweatshirt. :biggrin1:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts