Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came a little late to the party but yesterday I fished the roboworm on a 1/8 oz. stand-up jighead. Its a finesse worm. In the green weenie color. WOW. The bass were hitting this deal with reckless abandon on a local pond. I mean a bite every other cast. Seemed to be more effective than even the senko which I alternated with the roboworm.

So back to Sportmans I was this AM-buying two more paks. This is a floating worm-the tail sits up off the bottom and waves at the bass. ::) Anyway, thanks to Swimbait here who PM'd me and recommended I give these a try.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for that post Kirbydog. I have been thinking about trying a floating worm on a jig head. I saw it on TV once and it seemed to work real well, but those were pro's. I think i am going to try this method next time i'm out. What color would you recomend for a more stained colored water? I'm thinking a more yellowish?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
That technique is some what hot right now. I think the pros call it shakey wormin. I purchased a bunch of floating worms this winter and long shanked jigs. Nice to hear it works!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, its called shakin'. I worked it along the bottom with short hops and would shake it with the rod tip every few hops. I really noticed that when I would pull it loose from bottom weeds was when they would just hammer it. Tried it again today-same good bite then the wind got ridiculous so I came home.

As far a color-most of what I have seen are laminated colors in greens and browns. Can't wait to try this out on the smallies at Pueblo.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Thats what I was hoping. I never have spent a great deal of time fishing very deep at Pueblo and this year with the water up there should be a good deal of submered brush. Drooling.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts