Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been getn the boy out. Chatty and the ponds. Haven't worked on casting yet but he lives reel em in and not afraid to handle or even give em a kiss before there turned loose. Had to drag him out of there, kept asking if he wants to go as not to "sour" him on fishing and he he always says the same thing "one more fish daddy". What a good boy ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more

Phone only let's ya load 1 at a time

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Right on!
Looking forward to those days
How old is he?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Are the chatty pond people always refer too the waterton canyon ponds or the gravel ponds, or the dog park ponds? Theres so many damn ponds over there, I've been under the assumption they are the waterton canyon ponds or are those different bodies of water?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Are the chatty pond people always refer too the waterton canyon ponds or the gravel ponds, or the dog park ponds? Theres so many damn ponds over there, I've been under the assumption they are the waterton canyon ponds or are those different bodies of water?
This is a good question. I have parked near Waterton canyon at the Audubon Center/Discovery Pavilion and walked to the ponds. The thing is that you can walk right into Chatfield from there as well so I never knew if you were supposed to get a park pass or not? I believe they are technically within Chatfield State Park so I am not sure.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right on!
Looking forward to those days
How old is he?
He's 21/2. Yeh it's pretty awesome. Afraid he wouldn't want to touch'm. Or always want to go early... Off to a good start to always have a fishn buddy. Hopefully he won't turn into an a-hole like I was from 15-20.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeh, those ones ;)

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
So, go to Chatfield, west entrance off of Wadsworth. They'll give you a map. Go right, and you'll be heading south. The lake will be on your left. You'll see the pond come up on your right after a couple of miles -- that's the one with lots of little perch. Kingfisher cove will be on your left but you can drive right in to that big pond on your right, lot's of parking there. Check out the map for other ponds you can walk in to.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
So there is pond inside the reservoir? I have only been to chatfield a few times to fish because its about 45 minutes from my house, but I drive past the waterton canyon ponds atleast once a month and have been under the impression those were them

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
He's 21/2. Yeh it's pretty awesome. Afraid he wouldn't want to touch'm. Or always want to go early... Off to a good start to always have a fishn buddy. Hopefully he won't turn into an a-hole like I was from 15-20.
Well, maybe not an A-Hole...but once he gets a whiff of a diff kind of fish, gonna take him some time to come back and fish with ya!

Good stuff man! I remember those days like they were just yesterday. Enjoy the time...he'll be chasing land tuna before you know it!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Well, maybe not an A-Hole...but once he gets a whiff of a diff kind of fish, gonna take him some time to come back and fish with ya!

Good stuff man! I remember those days like they were just yesterday. Enjoy the time...he'll be chasing land tuna before you know it!
BWahahaha...... Funny but true!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Great work son and dad!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts