Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

the midget master strikes again

564 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Thenewguy76 
#1 · (Edited)
little fish love me. maybe because they're dumb and can be tricked by my bad presentation. between the first three and next 5 tiny bass I did manage to land one reasonable bass. somewhere the lip broke off of my lure (no idea where, it actually never got stuck hard) and it went from suspending to slow sinking. caught several after letting it sink 20-30 seconds (which was about 12-14 feet as near as I could tell.

spent all afternoon trying to lure crappie out of the brush, that just might be something that never happens for me from shore. something ate one of my leeches and drug my line into a rock and stuck it there, otherwise nobody wanted leeches all day.

oddly as with my last trip to pueblo I caught most everything on $1.99 clearance jerks from BPS. the white being the favorite. I threw away a lot of white twist tails and paddle tails. never a bite. had a couple bites not land on the chartruse and the one pictured.

I suppose I caught a lot of fish, but nothing I wanted and it never felt like more than pure luck.

seems like someone is always posting from pueblo when I was there too. I'm going this friday if anyone wants to say hello.

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't know what you're complaining about.....midget fish is better than no fish....and lots better than not fishing at all.

I have not been out fishing for about 4 weeks and won't be able to get out til next wed, weather permitting.

Nice catches.....

#3 ·
Don't know what you're complaining about.....midget fish is better than no fish....and lots better than not fishing at all.
I'm not saying It was worse than being stabbed in the nuts, but driving 4+ hours to fish 6 hours and losing a lot of lures is a lot less fun when there's nothing you want to keep or be proud of catching. on the spectrum of events it's way better than being mugged, way worse than spending a day naked with Natalie Portman. :)

#5 ·
hit up BPS to buy some more $1.99 lures. now they're $2.49....inflation :(
I'm pleasantly surprised that those lures catch fish, more so than my Rogues which I'm pretty much done throwing at PLO. Even when I was fishing the rogues that white BPS jerk caught more. got three more to take down and give away on Friday. Ya'll should follow me around and collect free lures :)
looking forward to another day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.