Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit up the mile on Tuesday morning before the snow hit. 5 other vehicles there. Wind was mild early with about -4 temp. Wandered out from Cross Creek and switched locales several times before I found anything. Ice was sketchy in areas about 4-5" thick where I drilled. I could not get to where I really wanted to go as the ice looked extremely thin after the pressure ridge/current break. Luckily there was very little snow on the ice and it was pretty easy to see where you did not want to go. Now with snow on the ice it will be very difficult to tell where that really thin stuff is so be careful!! Caught 5 bows all about the same size and kept my 2 at around 18". I was hoping for a few of those 15 7/8" ones!! 6' deep with deadsticked jigs and a wax worm.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Supposed to -20F at mile tonight.

Hey Fordo why u pickin on them exploiter idiots? Bwaahahahaha-

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Good job Tim, ice looks pretty sketchy still!

Fordo...Snowflake, that's funny!!! Good thing snowflakes melt and go away!!! :biggrin1:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fish was amazing as always from there. I would rather eat that than dried out salmon. When you cook it properly it retains the moisture and is very delicate. I have spots off Stoll but I would have been in the drink in a few steps. With the new snow cover I can't emphasize enough to be EXTREMLY careful if you head out onto untrodden territory.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I almost forgot. I used the nils with the drill and I think it helped me verses firing up a gas auger and scaring all the fish away within 100 yards. Quiet. Efficient. Drilled 15 holes and my 1st battery was only down a little bit.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice! :thumb:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Beautiful fillets :D 11 mile/south park trout are the best eating trout ever in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Nice! And it has been super cold since then. Don't they consider 5" or 6" of ice safe enough to drive on? I know the eerie feeling of walking on thin ice, so I probably wouldn't chance it either. Those fillets look money!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I thought the whole thing was funny Fordo. You're right the irony is ridiculous, then some other guy stands up for him, not even himself.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts