Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been eyeing the new (new this year) Motorguide Wireless, anybody know anything about it?

Looks like an awesome motor and it has more features than the comparable Minn Kota power drive/co-pilots, and is cheaper.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I had a Motorguide on my boat for years and had very little trouble with it......BUT.....I have heard more than my share of horror stories about them. The consensus among people that I have talked to who fix them for a living is Minn Kota's are a better trolling motor and break down alot less-they are just more reliable.

I have had a Minn Kota on my boat for 4 years now, never had a single problem.

I am ALWAYS reluctant to buy something that is a brand new model because you never know how reliable they are gonna be. That holds, IMO for any brand of trolling motor or other electronics for your boat. Somebody else can be the guinea pig. ;D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I have witnessed and heard many motorguide horror stories. I have fished minn kota for 20 yrs and no unusual problems. I like fishing cable foot controled models. You will get to a point when you no longer need to look at the motor to see where it is pointed. On less thing to take away concentrating on fish. I ran a buddies boat last year that had an electric drive to turn the motor and it was nothing but trouble for me. I like the KISS mthod. Keep it simple stupid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts