Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was floating a pond today and I noticed something orange floating about 30 ft away. I thought to myself, "that looks like a freaking goldfish!" I slowly move over and see that its actually a freaking goldfish! It was big too. I thought it was dead at first but it was sitting upright and I could barely see its fin moving. At this point I was 2 feet away from this thing and could believe it hadn't swam off, there were weeds over its face so it couldn't see me. I snapped a couple pics and then tied on a little tube, I had now been next to this fish for at least a minute. I dipped it in front of it and immediately it grabbed it and darted down into the weeds, I had it on for maybe 15 seconds before it snapped my line. Would of been sick to have that in the tube

Here's a couple pics of fish actually caught today so the threads not totally worthless

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to a different pond today and saw an even bigger goldfish... never in my life have I seen a big wild goldfish and in 2 days, 2 different places, I see 2 big ones. I think its a sign

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one in the pic was at least 22-23" and the one today looked even bigger to me. I was fishing from shore today so couldn't get up close but it looked like a big orange carp swimming across the surface today

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
They're koi, essential identical to common carp. Probably shouldn't be there, but also probably not any more harmful than a carp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts