Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the itch to go chase some eyes tonight after dark. Hit up two South Metro area lakes and got the skunk at my first lake. Decided to give a lake I know little about a chance on the way home. Worked several promising looking spots with no luck. Then I saw some surface action in a very shallow mud flat (2-3'). Switched my yamo sugoi for a 3" twin tail grub and bam I caught a fish first cast. In the 2 hours I landed 24 walleye and 1 square bass. No big hens and all the fish caught ranged between 15-20". All fish were released.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Bout damn time, you posted something worth a ****!

Fishing is weird like that. Fish for 5 hours without a bite, then catch 15 in a few hours. That is a good ass night of fishin.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Nice work was wondering about some of those environments...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks dudes. I am heading back out tomorrow night. will post a report even if I catch the skunk.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I said I would post a report tonight after chasing eyes again. Went out with 4 others including grumpie and everyone caught a couple. Probably 12 fish total. Nicest fish was a carp. Biggest walleye was just over 21". Not an epic night, but not catching the skunk is great by me! We just need a few days of stable daytime highs to get the fish going. I never thought I would be glad the ice is gone, but I am.

·
Banned
553 Posts
You guys are helarious, was good to meet yall.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
You got the night shift down. Me, I'm too exhausted from my Gubmint job to get out at night-

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Nice Carp!! That a tube with a twister tail rigged up inside it??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts