Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like i said last week, went to granby today and engaged in a sacred ritual. This time around.... i decided to switch it up and use my pontoon for the festivities. got there around 6:30 and finished at 1130.

it didn't take long till after sunrise for the spot to fill up with boats, belly boaters, shore fishermen, etc. fishing was slow to steady, but i still got mine. still, it was fun... got lots of exercise using the toon. can't wait to use it again next week...

caught a handful of these.... one of em, i got using a charteuse 3 1/2 in. tube jig with 3/8 oz weights tipped with halved shiners. the money lure for me was a 3/8 oz silver krocodile tipped with halved shiners... i wouldn't have to cast them... just drop them, and paddle back and forth and jig while "trolling". caught my fish and got a workout for my fat ass.

threw back the dinkies and kept a limit of eaters, and then went out to fat cats to stuff my face as a reward.

went to adams tunnel, and the canal to sight for some kokes... didn't see any. water was still and stagnant. kind of a bummer. also tried wolford for kokes and that was a fail as well. lesson learned: ill just stick to what i know.

next week, hopefully granby.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully you ain't tied up next weekend, bro. Let's do fat cats.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
I thought this was a thread about vagatarians!

Good work!...

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing like getting a work out and negating it with a plate full of gravy smothered fried food!
Looks like a good day on the water.
It was well worth it! Gotta reward yourself for accomplishments.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Pics. are no longer working for me... Saw all but 1 of the pics. this morning when I first saw the report....

Anyway pretty cool to use your toon @ Granby!! i think i'd prob. be to scared of other boats and/or the wind kicking up LOL

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dumb that facebook wont let you link to here... ill repost after i move pics to photobucket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts