Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the real last call for Chatty because today is the last day of boating. The last three trips to Chatty have been good. We averaged 29 fish per trip between two people (18, 41 and 28 ).

Limit 1:

Limit 2:

A 9 pounder from yesterday:

All fish pictured were killed. Except the 9 pounder.
I also caught the skinniest walleye I have ever seen on the second trip, but did not get a picture of it. That fish had a huge head. It was probably a 30” and 10lb class fish in its prime. It probably does not have many days left but I simply unhooked it and let it go ASAP.

I won’t be there today, so knock yourselves dead.

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
You never disappoint AO!!! nice!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Great job AO!!!...see Mikey there is a reason for after dark sometimes...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nice fish guys. Went yesterday for the last day of boating and damn it was cold and so was the bite. Only landed 2 fish missed a few more. I think we were the last boat off the lake. Wished we would have gone Saturday when u guys did. Oh well next year...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice fish guys. Went yesterday for the last day of boating and damn it was cold and so was the bite. Only landed 2 fish missed a few more. I think we were the last boat off the lake. Wished we would have gone Saturday when u guys did. Oh well next year...
Yeah, too bad it didn't work out for you. I have often said on these boards that there is not secret lure and technique is overrated but I think I did luck into something. I did some research and it is really not a "secret" after all. :rolleyes::D Regardless, I ain't telling online. Will show and tell when we get out. There is really no way you could have matched our performance anyway cuz Cher and I make a deadly combo that you and Mook simply can't match. :p Seriously, Cher is a better boat driver than Mook. :D I don't think I would have been able to stay consistently in the strike zone like he did. The "secret tech" might have caught you another couple of fish but boat control would have caught you way more fish.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yeah, too bad it didn't work out for you. I have often said on these boards that there is not secret lure and technique is overrated but I think I did luck into something. I did some research and it is really not a "secret" after all.
Regardless, I ain't telling online. Will show and tell when we get out. There is really no way you could have matched our performance anyway cuz Cher and I make a deadly combo that you and Mook simply can't match.
Seriously, Cher is a better boat driver than Mook.
I don't think I would have been able to stay consistently in the strike zone like he did. The "secret tech" might have caught you another couple of fish but boat control would have caught you way more fish.
What's even funnier is he made me drive the boat for once so that prolly didn't help. You know how I drive lol.

·
Registered
988 Posts
That same night I lost what was another quality eye, sorta bitter sweet ending... No doubt it has been an excellent month of fishing in the metro area for both numbers and size. It's been a long time but I think I'm due to boast a little bit. Within the month of November AO and I boated 3 eyes 27-28", 4 smb over 6lbs, about a dozen more smb between 3-5lbs, and easily over 150 eyes with a 4/1 short/keep ratio. Not too bad there buddy. Should I give up elk hunting and focus more on fall fishing? lol

Happy fishing all!

No camera man, had to settle for this pic.

Thought for sure this yellow beast was a quality eye.

A couple 3-4lbers. Caught in 6-14 FOW.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
That's some heavy duty chit, Cher. Way to go buddy. And NO don't give up elk hunting, I like your updates too much.

Both elk and walleye are way up on the delicious side.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Nice ****, Cher!

And AO!:D
What do you mean "AND AO?" I'm the star of the show here! Funny you put it that way... I told Fisher32 last week that he is the fishing sidekick I always wanted. Fishes hard and goes the distance for his friends. Except that I am the sidekick here... :D Works out well actually. I always hated controlling my boat and Fisher is much better at figuring out a lake from the boat than I am. Not to mention that he is a better angler than I am.

What's even funnier is he made me drive the boat for once so that prolly didn't help. You know how I drive lol.
Lord! :D I still remember when you backed my boat into the rocks, thinking you had the motor in the forward direction. You'll get the hang of. And so will I. One day...

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hi Todd, you know me. Giving up elk hunting is like saying I'll be giving up fishing. It's just not going to happen. I've got some more pics you guys.

AO's famous eye lipping lol

Special thanks to AO, you're a great fishing buddy ( and camera guy :biggrin1: ).

·
Registered
740 Posts
Aofisher, my favorite part of one of your earlier posts on this thread "All fish pictured were killed. Except the 9 pounder. " <<< LOL good eats :)

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those smallies were tanks! Couldn't catch one that day. Too stubborn to use your secret technique... :D Mine didn't work that day. :mad:

Aofisher, my favorite part of one of your earlier posts on this thread "All fish pictured were killed. Except the 9 pounder. " <<< LOL good eats :)
Good eats for sure. I didn't keep them all for myself though. Wife and kids don't eat fish. I don't get to ask the wife to clean the fish because she'll just say: I didn't ask you to keep them... :sad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts