Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was quaffing a Roman Coke when the heavens sent me a golf ball for my drink!

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Storm just grazed us. Had like 5 of those bigguns in the yard. Damn lucky. We keep all of the vehicles/ toys in the building or garage all the time out here .

·
Registered
356 Posts
Excuse me, I must have missed 60 minutes.

What Exactly are you saying?
You're not familiar with how insurance works?

I'm just saying if your roof happened to be nearing its end of life and something "claimable" happened, it might just be a blessing in disguise.

·
Registered
144 Posts
This summer the hail has been brutal, June 18 lost the roof here in Thornton and June 24th lost the roof over in Ogallala. Buddies place in Snyder caught the tornado/hail action on Sunday and lost roofs, siding, trees, windows, cornfields and anything else that could be damaged by tennis ball size hail being driven at 70+ mph winds. We were very fortunate as we went through Brush at 4:15 and the storm hit @ 5:00.

The insurance companies are taking a beating this year

·
Registered
356 Posts
Been a bad few yrs down here.

Got hit hard the summer of 2016; new roof, windows, garage doors, etc.. and about 10K in damage to my truck (only had it 2 weeks at the time).

Just a few weeks ago we missed a massive hail storm that passed just by about 1.5 miles, but nailed those down south of us. People have just been kicking the front windshield of out their vehicles and driving like that around town... Auto repair, roofers, etc. are certainly staying busy around here.

Just a bad weather cycle? Global warming? Who knows?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the insurance companies we will all help them out. last year was are turn in the lakewood area every year its somebody, just seems like the stones are getting bigger ..since we moved here we've gone through three roofs, last year was the biggest eight years ago the most destructive.and believe it or not the insurance company is still in business

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Insurance companies pay ZERO income taxes. Google it.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the insurance companies we will all help them out. last year was are turn in the lakewood area every year its somebody, just seems like the stones are getting bigger ..since we moved here we've gone through three roofs, last year was the biggest eight years ago the most destructive.and believe it or not the insurance company is still in business
That’s because we all are paying for it one way or another.

My mortgage went up 150 dollars thanks to insurance and taxes. Sucks to suck I guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts