Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a tip on a catfish spot that I was told of that had some very nice sized cats. I knew of the place but never thought much of it and havn't fished there in a long ass time, like 8 years ago. But I never tried for cats there in the past so I had to hit it up because I've had catfish on the mind lately. I walked around the lake and fished the inlet then a muddy flat area then a weedy area then a deeper area. Used chicken liver, worms and fresh cut bait. I had one bite and landed one cat. It was a little fighter that liked chicken liver.
Now I know there are catfish there and I will try there again, I've got another spot in mind to try before that.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Good work! Amazingly fresh raw shrimp for a dozen are cheaper than night crawlers when on sale at kings and fit on a hook perfectly...cast good with just the shrimp and a hook...just about every lake and pond in the metro area has been stocked with channel cats...good luck when you go back!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"So you're telling me there's a chance!" Sorry Dumb and dumber is on tv now.
Fresh shrimp is about the only thing that I haven't tried for cats before. I'll keep that in mind on my next cat trip. Can't be cheaper than chicken livers though.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice kitty!!! Sure is clean looking. :)
Yeah, it's a nice place to fish at. I saw a good amount of frogs there. Frogs in the area are a sign of good water quality because they are the first to become compromised by polluted water.
Also there were a quite a few MILF's jogging around the lake. I overheard one of them say that she hadn't had sex in five years, but she was not a MILF.:(

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Yeah, it's a nice place to fish at. I saw a good amount of frogs there. Frogs in the area are a sign of good water quality because they are the first to become compromised by polluted water.
Also there were a quite a few MILF's jogging around the lake. I overheard one of them say that she hadn't had sex in five years, but she was not a MILF.:(
Lower your standards, increase your average. :smile:

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Here ya go..I used to fish Chatty a lot for at night..Big cats..haven't fished it for cats in about seven or eight years. I'd wade across Plum Creek, move about one hundred feet towards the dam and then wade out up to my waist and cast as far as I could. Letting line out, I'd retreat to the shoreline and wait to get bit..doubt much has changed over the years..Just Chicken livers and shrimp.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here ya go..I used to fish Chatty a lot for at night..Big cats..haven't fished it for cats in about seven or eight years. I'd wade across Plum Creek, move about one hundred feet towards the dam and then wade out up to my waist and cast as far as I could. Letting line out, I'd retreat to the shoreline and wait to get bit..doubt much has changed over the years..Just Chicken livers and shrimp.
I like your technique of wading out for mega casting distance. I don't really ever fish at chatty, im up north, but I might use the wade out and cast style sometime.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I like your technique of wading out for mega casting distance. I don't really ever fish at chatty, im up north, but I might use the wade out and cast style sometime.
Wading out wasn't so much for the distance..In this case, it was to be able to hit the edge of the flat near the drop off from the flat into the Plum Creek channel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts