Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_supreme_court_funeral_protests;_ylt=AiMjCLLAQhJf.KgT2LCR6p.mG78C;_ylu=X3oDMTM0dDgxbGZ2BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwMzAyL3VzX3N1cHJlbWVfY291cnRfZnVuZXJhbF9wcm90ZXN0cwRjcG9zAzIEcG9zAzIEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNoaWdoY291cnRydWw-

I thought they had a good chance at winning...I disagree with their message but I support their right to say it...

I wish the press would back off of them and not cover every event they protest. They couldn't afford the publicity news provides so maybe they'd fall off the face of the Earth...

One can only hope right?

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
I just saw that. The result is not unexpected, but I sure do loathe those Westboro low-lifes.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
swimbait said:
Seems like hate speech to me. ???
But, it's classic "political" speech. That gets greater protection, even if viewed as "hateful".

"Speech is powerful. It can stir people to action, move them to tears of both joy and sorrow, and — as it did here — inflict great pain. On the facts before us, we cannot react to that pain by punishing the speaker," [Justice] Roberts said. "As a nation we have chosen a different course — to protect even hurtful speech on public issues to ensure that we do not stifle public debate."

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't get why the US military can't just get a restraining order against that Church... making it illegal for its members to come within X yards. There has to be a loop hole somewhere they can use against them. Or a law suit...

·
Registered
844 Posts
And that's why you love to hear my point of view right Don ;D >:D
Seriously as disgusting as it seems so long as good has a right to counter what we perceive as evil
our country and way of life will continue. When one side gets stifled or the truth isn't able to be
spoken then we are in grave trouble.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
UNREPENTANT SINNER said:
And that's why you love to hear my point of view right Don ;D >:D
Seriously as disgusting as it seems so long as good has a right to counter what we perceive as evil
our country and way of life will continue. When one side gets stifled or the truth isn't able to be
spoken then we are in grave trouble.
Generally, I agree with that. But I absolutely hate that result in this case.

W

·
0 Posts
Free Speech protects the speech you hate the most.

With that in mind, I absolutely hate those f'n bastards and I hope the rot in hell.

I also hope and pray that the children they brainwash snap out of it at some point and lead reasonable lives.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Captain America said:

With that in mind, I absolutely hate those f'n bastards and I hope the rot in hell.

I also hope and pray that the children they brainwash snap out of it at some point and lead reasonable lives.

You think that, but I have a feeling that were they harassing another minority besides military funerals they wouldn't be given so much freedom.

·
Registered
715 Posts
If it were up to me I would take a gun to everyone of there heads. Let's drop them in the middle of iraq I bet there tune would change. Man to I wish that someone would blow up that cult. They have it coming

·
Banned
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fisheyb said:
Captain America said:

You think that, but I have a feeling that were they harassing another minority besides military funerals they wouldn't be given so much freedom.

Interesting thought fisheyb...

W

·
0 Posts
fisheyb said:
Captain America said:

You're probably right, that would be hateful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts