Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl mentioned to me that I should stop by the swallows (SWA or BLM land or Something on the inlet into Pueblo Res) as I was looking for places to fish today. So I swung out there and it was bone dry, looked like a good place if it had water. But me and my buddy walked all the way across it and the Ark is flowing on the other side of it, pretty wide, pretty deep, and very muddy. I was wondering if anyone has fished the Arkansas up in this area above Lake Pueblo? Are there catfish in it? When I saw it I thought of the Platte in Nebraska, but the water was fairly cold so I was unsure if the cats would move up into it. We walked across it without our poles as we didnt know what we would find on the otherside, so I didnt test it out.
So basically I'm looking to see if anyone has fished up here, not the swallows since its dry but the Ark itself.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I have fished the swallows before. When there is water there it is a great place for cats. There is a spot out in the middle with a lot of trees if you have a little boat you can take it out there and catch catfish.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Swollows has been dry for a few years now. If you go to the north side of the res. and turn right just before you get into the park you can go out to turkey creek. That is about what swollows used to be like. Its good for cats. Three years ago I fished the river down in swollows. It was not near as high then as it is right now though. I walked down stream a ways fishing the different holes with no luck. I was bored of fishing and just hooked on a grasshopper and a large weight and proped my rod up on a rock and walked down stream some more to see what I could find. I was gone maybe a minute or so and when I came back to my pole it was gone. :'( I sure thought that it was secure when I left it but sure enough it was gone. No one around for miles but me.
I like the swollows area, I go down there for ducks, doves and stuff and to just get away for an hour or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts