Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With only a few weeks of soft water left this season I've been out hunting the eyes. I've had limited sucess with walleyes but more consistant action when it comes to brown trout. Still I've had a couple of night shift skunks, including a very smelly seventeen degree skunk the other night :p. Last night action picked up a little for the eyes ended up with my best this season so far, nothing real big but still felt great to get the bites and fights.

Location; A lake and a river. ;)

Time Fished; Night Shift

Lure Selection; Smithwick Rogues in several flavors

Method; Jerk and pause retrieve

This is my best eye so far this season.

This is my skunk breaker from last week

Fire Tiger smithwick

Gold Smithwick

Silver Smithwick.

River walleye

Tight lines. ;D

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Sound like the night shift is picking up for you. Nice wally in that first pic. Where is your vampire buddy at? Sounds like a fun night of jerk and pause.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Cool Cool...or cold cold? Hahah...great job man!

D.J.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Jevan...nice eyes...still has to be some monsters in there for as long as they have been stocking them...especially with all the feed...that one looks pretty chunky...bwahaahahahhaaaaa...imagine a state record out of there!...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Right On! You haven't gone out either of the past two nights have you? Unbelievably cold!!! :eek:

Awesome fish Jevan! In that secound pic down, I didn't (at first) realize the front of the bait was under the rock. Thought you were walking a popper out there :D

Great post and pics!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the replies guys!! 8)

dieseldoctor said:
Nice!!!! Love the Smithwicks!
Eric I first picked up some smithwicks based on your "crash the hatch" articles and reports. Since then they've became one of my favorites, thanks man.

cocoking said:
Sound like the night shift is picking up for you. Nice wally in that first pic. Where is your vampire buddy at? Sounds like a fun night of jerk and pause.
Ah, it's to cold for her this time of year....thanks for the reply.

zman said:
Jevan...nice eyes...still has to be some monsters in there for as long as they have been stocking them...especially with all the feed...that one looks pretty chunky...bwahaahahahhaaaaa...imagine a state record out of there!...
Z I keep thinking it should be time for a big one....one of these casts....Thanks for the reply.

James said:
Right On! You haven't gone out either of the past two nights have you? Unbelievably cold!!! :eek:

Awesome fish Jevan! In that secound pic down, I didn't (at first) realize the front of the bait was under the rock. Thought you were walking a popper out there :D

Great post and pics!
Thanks man, no I wasn't smart enough to not go during the cold snap. Had to dust off some ice gear. Then casted off a smithwick due to ice build up. :-\

Thanks again for all the replies, tight lines.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts