Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along the lines of Walking Eagle's thread-------

Q: How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, just to add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Don In Denver said:

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, just to add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again
I agree with this, too. ;D

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
As a moderator I am reviewing this thread concerning its appropriateness for posting in "off topic".  Please continue to post in "off topic" until a decision is made. 

Dan

·
Registered
144 Posts
Where did you go to get those bulbs? Was it crowded? Did you get them on plastics, checks, or cash? Do they have to be at least 100w to keep? I was at a place last week but all they had was a bunch of 40w and a few 60w's. Still a fun afternoon. (You should've seen the giant flourescents they had mounted on the ceiling in that place!)

;)

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
work2fish said:
Don In Denver said:

I agree with this, too. ;D
Me too.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
If no other moderators or admins disagree I believe this thread is definitely "Off Topic" and should remain in the "off Topic" section.

However should the thread become hijacked it could then fall into a topic other than "off topic" and requiring moving to the appropriate "on topic" topic.

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
So let me get this right Ken.

You are saying it is "off topic" making it "on topic" for being in the "off topic" topic??

I think we should lrun this by Zman, 1eyered, Rottal and ePic to be sure it really is "on topic" for the "off topic" topic.

Maybe we should just start another category all together for it?

Dan

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
huh?

:p

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I think Ken has totally highjacked this topic. Dan, which topic are you talking about, the original topic or the topic of whether or not this topic is on-topic in off-topic or should be moved to another topic all together? I personally think it is pretty much on topic in the off topic category regardless which topic you were talking about.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
sarcasm isnt the greatest for forums. :p

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
At this time I declare this topic, "on topic" in the "off topic" category which means that it actually is "off topic" and should be moved from being "on topic" to "off topic".  

But in the interest of making sure all points of views are considered the floor will be opened to to debate the merits of this topic being "on topic" in the "off topic" topic vs being "off topic"in the "off topic" topic which would in essense make it "on topic" in the "off topic" topic.  

Any forum member wishing to contribute is reminded to keep their comments "on topic" even though we are having an "off topic" discussion.

Thank you for your topical comments.

Dan

PS someone should moderate me since I have apparently completely hijacked this thread.  But then that begs the question..........

Can you hijack a thread that is "off topic"?

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Dan and T...

STOP THAT!!!...my brain hurts...it is so confused...

And I cause curses?

I think the earth just slid a couple degrees off its normal 23.5 degrees on it's axis...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Oh no, cursed again... and just before ice fishing season this time :'(.

I have been trying to be so good with hopes of catching big fish and finding trim tabs under my chrismas tree. All for not, I'm just thankful I haven't caught that bug Zman has, the one that makes you go fishing in the worst possible weather at all hours of the night.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts