Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went north to get revenge on a lake that treated me badly last time. Been trying to catch and kill a limit each of eyes and bows ( hence "The Ugly American")from the same lake. Finally did it. 6 eyes from 12" to 19" and 6 bows from 2.5lb to 5.00 lbs.

Lost a bow that made the 5lber look miniscule. Got all my fish from 11am till 3pm. Brown tube (Thx Hammer!) and silver blue bouyant did it.

Didnt get a pic of all the carnage due to the heat. I gutted them quickly and put in the cooler to keep the meat fresh.

Last time up there my bro and Rog beat me in the numbers and size game this time I got them bad. 1st, last, most, species, biggest, etc--
In fact I was 13 for 16 not counting bites that weren't actually hookups. Bro was 1 for 7, Rog was 2 for 6. It's good to be the King!

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Holy Japanese tuna trawler!...to paraphrase Aunt Edna in the movie Vacation...

FISH KIIILLLEEERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Caramba. That is a nice string of fish. Makes me ashamed of thinking of hiking 5 miles into a lake for 14" cutts. Tough choices ahead for the next month... hiking or driveup. Good job.

s

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Caramba. That is a nice string of fish. Makes me ashamed of thinking of hiking 5 miles into a lake for 14" cutts. Tough choices ahead for the next month... hiking or driveup. Good job.

s
I know what ya mean, Shoe. Id love to huck big dries at some high cuttys. But it hasn't been my year for high hiking, couldn't get enough early season hiking in due to heel pain.Seems I've addressed that issue and will no doubt wait till next year when I'm in primo shape.

Besides with this kinda action at a drive-up? Not a real tough choice-

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good haul man. Craw tube on a Trokar jig head is money for just about anything. Found another great tube, check out Dry Creek tubes in Changeable Craw color at SW.. They have a little drop shot craw I fish on a jig head that whacks em too..

BTW, you cant wear that hat until your at least 62 years old.. Let's go visit the Cowboy lakes this fall..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts