Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I spent Tuesday at William's Fork. We experienced very little spring and a lot of winter. Ground blizzzards dominated the afternoon. This picture was taken during one of the calmer afternoon periods.

We caught fish through out the day. Best times were 9am, 11am and 2pm. Here's a picture of one of the nicer macs taken during the brief sunshine of the morning. And one more picture of a few that went home.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good job toughin it out. Hope you had a hut, looks cold. Didn't make it to the fork this year and I think I'm done icefishing for this winter. Open water time. Nice looking fish.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We did have a hut. It was the first time I'd ever fished in one. Ice is good, like others have stated, there is slush under the snow crust. The further you go out the more you'll fall through.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Nice report and pictures. Glad to see you were able to deal with the elements and still catch some nice fish. I am heading up there this weekend and I hope the weather is a bit nicer, but I will deal with what ever Mother Nature has to offer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts