Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear some stories about "Anglers All", I just had the worst experience with that shop. I've spent thousands of dollars in there over the years. I bought a few Streamers used them 1/2 day, they came unglued "literally". I brought them back; the same guy that sold them to me treated me like I was a piece of crap. I'm really pissed off. I think they're purchasing cheap bugs and charging to much money now. Some one talk me down out of the tree....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Got off on wrong foot ?

Been going there since Jim Poor owned it.Has change hands a couple of times in the last few years.But,new people seem fair & friendly.Sounds like someone was having a bad day .Either you or the sales person.I would go back & talk to Doug or Rich.I can't imagine poor quality from brand name tiers.May have had bad cement.Has happened to me a couple of times over the years.I don't think in this economy any specialty shop would want to piss a customer off over a few flies.Just an old guy's 2 cents worth.Hope it all gets worked out.

·
Registered
592 Posts
So having a fit over a few streamers that eventually came apart after you used them and flaming the shop online is perfectly acceptable? I'm sure you went in there and politely showed them the "literally unglued" streamers and asked (politely again) if there was anything they could do. Yeah, I think I know who the real jerk is here...go buy your flies at Sportsman's Warehouse and see how long those ones last...

My story: Anglers all is a good shop with good people working there!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Better yet learn to tie your own streamers. You sound like the biggest baby of all time. Get off the tree and find a bridge and JUMP you turd. Returning used flies give me a fucking break. And people wonder why fly shops can't stay in business. It's because of sports like you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would like to hear some stories about "Anglers All", I just had the worst experience with that shop. I've spent thousands of dollars in there over the years. I bought a few Streamers used them 1/2 day, they came unglued "literally". I brought them back; the same guy that sold them to me treated me like I was a piece of crap. I'm really pissed off. I think they're purchasing cheap bugs and charging to much money now. Some one talk me down out of the tree....

SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE THE "PIECE OF INCOMPETENT CRAP"!!!!! Long term, well educated shop. You losers need to find a losers site, Kapish!!!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
You're a Piece of incompetent crap!

How come I can imagine Napoleon dynamite walking into a fly shop and saying this?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Some people are very picky. Get worked up over small details and demand the best and impeccable service.
. These are some of the most unhappy people I have ever met. The sport of flyfishing seems to really attract this type.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
If I can tie a streamer that doesnt come apart shouldnt a fly store be able to do likewise?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Anglers All is a fly shop, and a pretty good one at that. If you need to have a good cry and unburden your tortured, sniveling psyche, fly shops are a bad place to look for this service. Fly shops mostly sell fly fishing stuff to fly fish with while you are fly fishing, not tampons or douche or Kleenex.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Some people are very picky. Get worked up over small details and demand the best and impeccable service.
. These are some of the most unhappy people I have ever met. The sport of flyfishing seems to really attract this type.
Well, most flyfags are a bunch of ungrateful yuppie douchebags that see
To think the world revolves around them because they can pick their ass pubes and make an elk caddis fly out of it, and catch retarded, scarred up mysis-fed rainbow trout.

I love you, Shawn.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Not all flyfisherman have the "holier than thou" attitude. But when I do come across the ones on the river that do, I don't say anything and I'll go back up to the truck and switch to my spin rod with a big ol' CD11 rapala . This works especially well at the Taylor tailwater.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Not all flyfisherman have the "holier than thou" attitude. But when I do come across the ones on the river that do, I don't say anything and I'll go back up to the truck and switch to my spin rod with a big ol' CD11 rapala . This works especially well at the Taylor tailwater.
We need to get you a swimbait rod and some 4 to 8 oz rainbow swimbaits so it sounds like bowling balls are landing!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts