Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of heading north and staying at a place that offered fishing access. But after they tell you how much the room costs, then they tell you all about their great access to the Cache le poudre and fishing ponds. But then they say that you have to buy a pass that is $10 per day. Oh, and the limit is four fish per day, but you pay 30 cents per inch for each fish kept or killed. Sheesh! I'm looking somewhere else!

Anybody know of good places to stay, not too expensive, in northern Colo.?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I stayed at Archer's Poudre River Resort two weekends ago. They have campsites right on the river, and as it still gets pretty cool at night, we were the only tent and had the run of the place. It's far up the canyon, so from there you're close to some of the nearby lakes, and have about 30 miles of river to fish. It's a great area as there are so many nice stretches of river to fish, and a roadside pulloff about every 1/2 mile where you can park and walk to the river and fish.

Here's the link to the place: <a href="http://www.poudreriverresort.com/index.html">Archer's Poudre River Resort</a>

I don't know squat about that river and didn't fish much that weekend but the two spots I did fish I caught something. The first one is right near mile marker 101 on whatever the road is that runs through the canyon. The other one is just past a turnoff to another road that leads to like Allens Park or some place. I'd check the conditions with some of the local guide services and make sure the runoff hasn't started in earnest up there. It'd be a bummer to get up there and be dealing with muddy, blownout water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts