Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or troll among us, as the case may be.

Macman and I were on Granby yesterday when this older fella in a shiny red Lund came toward us, waving his arms. We thought he needed help so we went over to him. He did need help.

"How many of those little silver fish can you keep?", was the his emergency query. ::) That was followed by questions about the limit on rainbows and lakers.

What are these people thinking as they're heading out for the day? "Sure hope I don't catch anything since I have no idea what the limits are"? :D

We made sure he knew it was illegal to keep any large lake trout at Granby. >:D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
lol. it is illegal to keep large lake trout from there.. new law.

lund eh. musta read it will help catch fish. terrible. and summers just begginning. .....

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
One of the guys who works at Jax up north told me he had a guy come in and was trying to ID a fish he caught. Looking at their fish species chart he determined it was a gizzard shad. Guy told the clerk it didn't eat very well. Didn't know the species, but kept and ate it anyhow. Here's your sign!

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm waiting for his post on Fish Exploiter with a picture of 4 little kokanee asking whether they're rainbows or cutbows. :D

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Met a young man...18 years old or so...down at Trinidad one day. He'd just come from Walmart after buying his first fishing rod ever. Me and my buddy had our limit of walleyes and several perch on our stringers when he came up and asked about the fishing.

I gave him some jigs and told him to work the dam just north of the tower feeling confident he would get into some fish. Sure enough, an hour or so later, as we were loading our toons, he walked back around beaming from ear to ear while holding up his stringer of fish.

My heart sank...I really felt bad...we had just been checked by the warden and he was still just up the bank checking on a few other fishermen. And here was this young man, on his first fishing trip, holding up a stringer of undersized bass that he'd caught on the first rod he'd ever owned..

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Did they ticket you for instigating and being an accessory?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Wow. What a dingus. Know the rules of the water your fishing! It's not hard.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
zman said:
Did they ticket you for instigating and being an accessory?
Almost felt like I deserved it. I should have pointed out the rules for the lake knowing it was his first fishing trip ever...Still feel bad about that. Don't know what happened, but the warden was walking his way as we drove off...Hope he still wanted to fish after that.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
hobiecat said:
Don't know what happened, but the warden was walking his way as we drove off...Hope he still wanted to fish after that.
;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Life is tough, its even tougher if you're stupid. :(

A quote made by John Wayne, I have been told.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Nice one Don!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I was at Jax in Ft. Collins last weekend picking up some flies and a guy asked me what was good for Dowdy. I told him I only ice fish it and that I only fly fish for bass, crappie, gills, etc. He proceeds to tell me that the smallmouth, largemouth, & crappie are getting ready to spawn in Dowdy. I tried to tell him what's actually in there and he proceeded to argue with me, after I told him I've fished it for many years....and he was the one asking me about what flies use there.

I guy at work once told me he caught some bass out of Sylvan lake. I told him I dind't think so and when he showed me the picture they were brook trout. No joke.

·
P I K E
10,159 Posts
fishslap said:
I was at Jax in Ft. Collins last weekend picking up some flies and a guy asked me what was good for Dowdy. I told him I only ice fish it and that I only fly fish for bass, crappie, gills, etc. He proceeds to tell me that the smallmouth, largemouth, & crappie are getting ready to spawn in Dowdy. I tried to tell him what's actually in there and he proceeded to argue with me, after I told him I've fished it for many years....and he was the one asking me about what flies use there.

I guy at work once told me he caught some bass out of Sylvan lake. I told him I dind't think so and when he showed me the picture they were brook trout. No joke.
I once caught a catfish while trawling at Dillon... 8) ...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
fisherbob said:
Serious question? Does anyone think there is any northern pike in pueblo res.
Yes I do...Just way too far and few to think about ever pursuing when there are so many better lakes with pike to fish.

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
The DOW put 10,000 fingerling Tiger Muskies in Pueblo in 2001

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
hobiecat said:
fisherbob said:
Serious question? Does anyone think there is any northern pike in pueblo res.
Yes I do...Just way too far and few to think about ever pursuing when there are so many better lakes with pike to fish.
Just like chasing pike in Blue Mesa, some toads in there but the numbers are so low it would be silly to go there just to target them

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I am LOVING seeing these dudes with low post counts chiming in and it is not bitching about us not spilling our guts.

All you peeps in the shadows, come on in to the light. We are (mostly) cool folks in here, and don't often bite strangers. ;)

Anyway...

We had a dude in a boat, on a fairly large body of water, roll up on us while we were bank fishing (just this morning) so close we could smell his fetid mongoloid breath, and he fouled a topwater bait in his trolling spread.

He did not spontaneously combust, thereby disproving the existence of an omnipotent creator-god.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts