Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a kid really cramps your style, I'm finding, but I still had some time to go through my footage from a couple of days up on Clear Creek last summer.

http://youtu.be/znpJTzKSNtY

Nothing too special for Clear Creek, other than the memories that keep me dreaming about this coming year (sorry ice fishing guys). Hope you enjoy and are also looking forward to the soft water adventures that are on the horizon.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I really enjoy Clear Creek, not big giant lunkers or hard to dial in a pattern, but it is really enjoyable as a quick get-a-way.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Just hoping for another above snow pack year and the rivers are ripping again. The Colorado, Williams fork, Ark all of them fished great last year with big flows..

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Clear creek can be a lot of fun! I love ice fishing, but I've been dreaming of summer camping/small streams/high lakes the last couple days. I've got some new areas I want to check out this year, already planning trips...

·
Registered
342 Posts
A portion of the planned Peaks to Plains should be done around June this year. This is a six mile portion in Clear Creek Canyon. There are pluses and minuses with having improved access but I'm optimistic/hopeful about the new hiking & biking path along Clear Creek.

https://peaks2plains.wordpress.com/

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
On the topic of Clear Creek...what are all your personal bests on Clear Creek.

Biggest I have ever landed (or seen) was a 14" brown. It doesn't seem like many get bigger than 10-12".
14" on size, 35 in an afternoon for total, and yes 10"-12" is typical for size.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
15.5" best brownie

11" best bowbow

41 fish in a 4 hour outing on Albino redeye Panthers... Lost two lures that day and after losing my second and last Albino redeye, I switched to the Holo UV Panther and didn't catch a fish for 20-30 minutes. Packed it up and went home.

Love that creek...

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Just hoping for another above snow pack year and the rivers are ripping again. The Colorado, Williams fork, Ark all of them fished great last year with big flows..
Wishing for the same. Hope our "wet" months are just that.

Plus. It seems the fish are much healthier following a "ripping" year.

Having a kid really cramps your style, I'm finding, but I still had some time to go through my footage from a couple of days up on Clear Creek last summer.

http://youtu.be/znpJTzKSNtY

Nothing too special for Clear Creek, other than the memories that keep me dreaming about this coming year (sorry ice fishing guys). Hope you enjoy and are also looking forward to the soft water adventures that are on the horizon.
Thanks for sharing.

I have been dreaming of the small streams, high mountain lakes and summer!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Nothing better than hiking up the canyon throwing hopper-droppers in search for the multiple trout species that inhabit the it. I don't know what my pb would be but I definitely love the creek.

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Not much for the small stream stuff but I too await the warm summer flailing with big dries!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts