Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gunnison chamber of commerse puts this on along with weekend warriors outdoors its fun you fish for inches not pounds two days march first and second enter day of event starting at six am at elk creek marina forty dollar entry.

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last year they paid six places if i remember right. I didnt fish it the first year but they said entries doubled last year and if you dont like the laker part dont enter it. I believe this tourney could grow to the level of the three lakes ice tourney but with cheaper expenses nice rooms in gunnison are 65.00 tax included.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
As many Macs as you can catch. Yikes. :)

Nice that they make that a side tourney though... for those who don't want to participate. Still sucks though.

Wished I lived closer to Gunnison!!! Blue Mesa is beautiful, and I have fond memories of.fishing there as a kid.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
bs

great idea no upper limit on the Mac siize? Im down on harvesting the smaller ones but why in the F$$$$ promote killing big fish.....somones drinking koolaid in Gunnison..........:mad: fortunitly this tourney has been a dud and will go away .........

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
^^^ They think the bigger the Mac, the more kokes it eats. That's why they kill 30+ inch fish when they death-boat it.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Gunnison will never see any of my money in the future. I used to take the family to Blue Mesa back when I was shore bound. Always had a great time and spent plenty of money. Not these days. I don't agree at all with what goes on there and won't support with my money. Nothing against the town of Gunnison or any of the people who call Gunnison home.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
The lake trout category is just fucking stupid. Motherfuckers who organize and run it need to get their heads out of their asses.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
^^^ but they don't care. They make enough money off the "no-limit" koke fishermen. I haven't been down there since I moved back to Colorado... I think I'm probably not gonna spend my money there either.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I really don't give a **** if they care or not. I'm sure that the small towns in Utah that will see plenty of my dollars will care. I feel much more welcome as a lake trout fisherman in that area, too.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
......I'm sure that the small towns in Utah that will see plenty of my dollars will care. I feel much more welcome as a lake trout fisherman in that area, too.
No question about that.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Gunnison will never see any of my money in the future. I used to take the family to Blue Mesa back when I was shore bound. Always had a great time and spent plenty of money. Not these days. I don't agree at all with what goes on there and won't support with my money. Nothing against the town of Gunnison or any of the people who call Gunnison home.
Pretty dumb to boycott a town because of a DOW decision.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Pretty dumb to boycott a town because of a DOW decision.
We're not talking about the DOW decisions. We're talking about the Chamber Of Commerce tournament with a separate category for as many dead lake trout as one can catch.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
^^^ They think the bigger the Mac, the more kokes it eats. That's why they kill 30+ inch fish when they death-boat it.
bc theyre too stupid to see the hordes of sheeple day after day after day harvesting more kokes than theyre legally allowed to posses.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
We're not talking about the DOW decisions. We're talking about the Chamber Of Commerce tournament with a separate category for as many dead lake trout as one can catch.
Bingo!

The Gunnison COC supporting this just showed me a lot. It's reflective of the mindset around there. The koke money drives all decisions. I don't fish for kokes so I will take the hint and stay away. They made their decision to do what they wanted to do and I have made mine.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts