Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

This is a Bird's Nest

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Neal/CO 
#1 ·
Spent about seven hours yesterday battling high wind and big waves at Cherry Creek. There were probably 20 boats out practicing for next weekends CWA tournament until the wind got really bad. It was miserable in the afternoon:mad: Despite the rough water my I-Pilot performed flawlessly on Spot-Lock. I was really surprised it could stay locked on in those waves??

Enevitably I got a line in the the prop and it was to bad to get out on the water. We took off the prop today and this is what we found. I don't think the previous owner ever cleared it once!! I am surprised it could actually function?

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Inevitably? Is this something that happens that often? I guess I have been lucking out the 2 seasons I have had a boat to not get line in the either the trolling motor or the outboard motor? Or maybe it has happened and I have no idea? Seems like something that would be hard to not notice though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.