Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been watching this show and i always like that he makes his own lures and stuff

well i guess he has come out with some good deals

makelure.com

soft or hard lures

the stuff looks cool

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I know of 3 or 4 guys on this site (including me) that use Larry's products to make lures. I make tube jigs that I cannot get in stores. Softer, thinner, longer skirts, different colors.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
I need to find an old microwave and get some plastic to make my own tubes.....unless you want to sell me some tubes Dave.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you want to make your own lures,go to the tackleunderground site.A bunch of experts can get you started.My expertise is horizontal dipping tube lures that I've been doing for over twenty years.I have helped a bunch of guys get started in making tubes fast and cheap.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Koldkut said:
I need to find an old microwave and get some plastic to make my own tubes.....unless you want to sell me some tubes Dave.....
I'll dip you some. What colors. sizes (inside diameter and length) and thicknesses you looking for?

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
setthehook said:
Koldkut said:
I'll dip you some. What colors. sizes (inside diameter and length) and thicknesses you looking for?
I've got to measure up the jigheads I've got, but the ones we made at the tube day would work great, white tubes and motor oil colored tubes. Looking for lake trout tubes really. I have enough rod working comming in that I should be able to buy the stuff to startup making my own here in a few months time.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
BOJON123 said:
If you want to make your own lures,go to the tackleunderground site.A bunch of experts can get you started.My expertise is horizontal dipping tube lures that I've been doing for over twenty years.I have helped a bunch of guys get started in making tubes fast and cheap.
I was surfing the net awhile back regarding this subject and you came up in a number of searches all with pretty raving reviews. Good to have you on the forum.......where do you hail from?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I live in Pueblo.and fish at the dam mostly.Tubes work great there.From the fist day I fished a Fat Gitzit,I went nuts over it mainly because the way it tore up the bass and walleye.Started to make my own,and helping people make theirs ever since.Spent 26 years near Guntersville dam in North Alabama fishing at every opportunity with my tubes.Tubes are about the only thing I fish for all species.I very the size and color to match the hatch from 1/2" to 6".Any one interest contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I've seen the ads for this product.... Dahlberg is an amazing fisherman.... I love his theories on the progression of what a fisherman should become..... Have you seen the one where he makes that 12 inch Muskie Lure? His burial death wish is that his ashes be placed inside this lure and his kids fish with it for the "big one" and he hopes it is bitten off and swallowed by whatever fish hits it... thats HARD CORE MAN!

·
Registered
364 Posts
dieseldoctor said:
Thanks for the heads up! Warning to anyone thinking about getting into tackle making its very very addicting, and there is no 12 step program for it O0 Its very rewarding......I'm afraid to add up everything I've spent to make my own lures. Worth every penny though!
I too have a bunch of money invested in my own tackle making gear. Couldn't agree more about the addiction from making your own stuff. So very rewarding too...I'll never forget the first time I went out and flat killed em on some finesse worms I poured the night before. Freaking awesome.. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts