Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my daughter to the derby. they stocked two lakes in the grandview ponds with 500 stockers each. they stocked it a couple of days ahead of time. i did not see one trout caught. i seriously think somebody went in there and fished them out or all of the fish died. but they would be floating right? i think it was stupid to put trout in there. the lakes are only 4 feet deep at most and the water temp has to be at least 75 degrees. there were however a couple of nice bullheads caught 14-15 inches

F

·
0 Posts
two jobs is cutting down on my time on the water ...I wanted to take my son ...oh well next year

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
like i said i only saw a few fish caught and my daughter didnt even get a bite

C

·
0 Posts
Good to see that folks are still trying to keep you interested in the outdoors.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
What were you guys using as bait? Have to find little holes and little cover when its hot and shallow.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we drifted nightcrawlers under a bobber with no weight, tried powerbait, salmon eggs lures flies everything in my box

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
there is trout in there i fish those alot, i caught some on worms and powerbait awhile back, i found afew flosting and some dead on the bottom, one trout i found was dieing but still breathing it was about 17 inches, i cant belive they put trout in there, the lakes are about 8 feet max depth, i catch crappie up to 12 inches, bass, carp and lots of bluegill, there is also some large perch in there but i havent caught any

1 - 10 of 10 Posts