Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Gang how did you do this year?

We set the drag on friday and came away with a couple of nice lakers 17 & 18 inches long,  the afternoon session was not as productive.  At the weightin the mood was poor as a slow bite was the attitude of most anglers we spoke to.

Saturday we drilled on the west side of Deer island with just one rainbow caught by 10 am.  My flasher was showing fish 3ft to 11 ft, and after three hours of nibbles the flashing was gone and so were we.  The trip is one of our favorites and we enjoy The Grand lake Hospitality and always look forward the the Three Lakes Fishing Contest.  P.s.

Don't forget the tourney at 11 mile on the 11th. 8)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
i fished friday by myself and caught around 25 macks but none that i thought was worthy of weighing. all were around 2lbs. sat i was joined by my fishing partner talo. she caught 16 and i caught eleven and believe i lost the winner. you know a fish that refuses to give any ground whatsso ever. but who knows if you dont ice them its pure speculation. we moved around alot . covering a lot of ground checking out various small humps where the crowds werent. all in all i love that tournament and really enjoy the lake and fishing with talo. she puts up with alot of my lets so frustrations.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I was in 1st place in the grand slam until sat evening. Then on sunday I was bumped down to 5th. Then by the end I was knocked out completly. I think I got around 12th place. I would have done good but the rainbow I turned in was only 11 inches long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts