Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pedasi, Panama. Took the wife down for some warm errrr blazing hot weather, one extreme to another. Blue Jack casting into the Rocks, you need a 50lb leader to land one of these, yes thats a white tube jig lake trout lure he destroyed hanging out of it's mouth. Small Grouper, I got a lot of these casting small poppers off the shoreYellow Snapper (Pargo Amarillo) Typical red snapper (pargo) Jose next to the beer cooler Jose and Ien Fishing was slow offshore, No Tuna around, Illegal nets all over the shoreline no enforcement and hungry locals. Large fish getting Harpooned by divers spearfishing, Locals handlining for commercial sale. Lots of problems creating poor sportsfishing. We thought we had problems lol. Decided to hit the river mouths for Snook (robalo) and Corvina out of Cana.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Nice!! Looks like a lot of fun!! You use your own tackle ?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Snook (Robalo) Rafa with a CorvinaIt gets thirsty at 100 degrees Helped a local get across the river, he was on his way Iguana hunting with 3 dogs, with few fish around because they have overfished them locals are hungrySpent a day running 40 miles offshore looking for tuna and ended up with just 2 Benito. Spent a day with Jorge handlining for Snapper and Grouper240 lbs of fish later I can tell you that handlining is much more effective than using a fishing pole

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Double plate Pargo whole fish deep fried is awesomeMy wife Van on Iguana islandZeke,from Montana watching Daniel, from Milwalkee reel in a 15lb Snook

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Very nice your living the good life
If you say so but I am way ready to get back on a frozen lake where I belong, my wife loves the weather and the (patio pollo),natural chicken raised in the yards, the people are great, very nice and friendly and love to party, right now Carnival (a 5 day party) is in full swing.

[/URL

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Is it just me or are the pics in this thread so epically large that it makes it almost painful to view? LOL

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't care how hot it was..it sure beats the cold and slush around your place. That looks like one fantastic trip!
Thanks Hobie, I just have trouble acclimating to hot weather, that's why I spend the summers in AK. Gonna do something different next year.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Pretty danged awesome...thanks for sharing Steve...we always think it is worse here with elevation being close to the sun...on the equator you feel like an ant under a magnifying glass after awhile and I love heat...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Just saw this post... guess I don't view outta state very much. Sweet post! Nice fish & pics! Tight lines .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts