Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I cannot tell you how many insects and worms screaming in agony that I have saved after being trapped by those tag ends from knots. :confused:
LOL,,, the fact remains, that no matter how small and seemingly insignificant, it is still littering!
(and I do it myself and will never be able to train myself to stop... so sue me.)

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
We were up at a high mountain lake a few seasons back...My Goldador Jake ...miss you Jake..stopped and stared at the bushes..I saw a Meadowlark hanging there upside down, fishing line tightly wrapped around it's leg.. Cut the line off and released it. Never saw such a happy bird as it flew away.

Also had a Muskrat all tangled up at Palmer Lake..Really wrapped up tight..well except for his mouth..couldn't get close enough to help him out..like my hands and fingers too much. So, I anesthetized him with a shovel. Turns out I hit him a bit too hard.

·
Registered
16,837 Posts
I saved a robin in the flattops once its mate watched while we untangled it. Caught nice fish that day! Untangled a black little duck at 11-mile the line was stuck to a tumbleweed that thing was swimming for all it was worth but moving like 2" per hour.

I know there were others but Ive had a few and cant remember right now--

·
Registered
606 Posts
I spent a day at Aurora last year just walking and pickup trash. You would be amazed at how much fishing line I picked up, it's one of those things I just don't understand!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I spent a day at Aurora last year just walking and pickup trash. You would be amazed at how much fishing line I picked up, it's one of those things I just don't understand!
I was shocked at just how much I found in 15 minutes on the day I posted this, the stuff is literally everywhere

·
Registered
376 Posts
What about the gobs of line every spring and fall when you guys respool what do you do with it. I burn mine and have recently switched to braid hopefully i wont be respooling as much.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
What about the gobs of line every spring and fall when you guys respool what do you do with it. I burn mine and have recently switched to braid hopefully i wont be respooling as much.
Throw it in the trash?? I'm trying to figure out if this was a tongue in cheek question...lol?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
My II Cents

New park rules:

If the parks are not kept clean they will be closed.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I take it to recycling places - more and more tackle stores have a bin for used fishing line.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I saved a robin in the flattops once its mate watched while we untangled it. Caught nice fish that day! Untangled a black little duck at 11-mile the line was stuck to a tumbleweed that thing was swimming for all it was worth but moving like 2" per hour.

I know there were others but Ive had a few and cant remember right now--
I saved a shark once from a mess of fishing lines. As I was about to release it, I said: “here little sharky, take a bite off my leg. It will provide you with enough sustenance to swim through the surf.” :biggrin1:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts