Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know anything about these pontoons? It is the Tieton III, looks like a good pontoon but have never owned one and feel the need to try one out, price is good for a beginner and seems to have everything i would need.Would you put it on a river like the eagle?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
It is only rated for class 1 rapids, I would avoid any rivers unless going along with a group and someone who knows the water well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
From the picture it looks like the Classic Accessories Colorado http://www.classicaccessories.com/product_detail.aspx?pid=54&cid=3.
I think this was also a TU-branded boat a few years ago.

I have a friend who has one and likes it OK. It's feature heavy--and also heavy heavy. I personally don't like the storage bins all over the pontoons because they look like fly snaggers, but my friend doesn't complain. Mostly, it's the weight that's a problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked out the Creeks Company and i think i'm going with the Sport LT, they are on sale right now and in my price range,checked all over the internet and cant find any complaints everybody says they are awesome. Thanks everyone for the advice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you haven't already bought a toon you may want to take a look at the Dave Scaddens. I have 1 and it is incredible! It is also rated for class 4 rapids.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drove up to Steamboat on Thursday afternoon and picked up a classic, he had one in a damaged box that he gave me for $150. Put it together on friday and the crappy weather moved in,i may still have time to get it out.Looks like a real nice toon and quaility materials.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts