Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did u guys see the picture in todays rocky mountain news in the sports section? If you havent you might want to go get today's paper. Great picture, unreal.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the paper they actually said they are looking for a taxidermist to mount. Thats one expensive mount.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The fish that did the eating was 42 inches long and the other one was 39. I wonder which one actually died first. It's kind of ashame that two nice fish like that had to wipe each other out. I would have much rather done it for them. I have to wonder what the eater was thinking.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
It started out as a bet, they were all liquored up and the little one started talking smack and the big one was like dude I eat fish bigger then you and the little one was like you aint gor a hair on you analfin and the big one was like OH YEAH! and then you have the end result.

D

·
0 Posts
Jay - I'm with you dude. I have seen this same thing before and it is typically a result of stringering the smaller fish then the bigger one thru the mouth into the gills. Through a day of fishing and maybe yanking on the stringer the smaller fish comes thru the bigger ones mouth and gills. Think about it, how would a fisherman catch the "unit"? The bigger fishes mouth is too full to go for a lure and the smaller one is more worried about life than eating.

A web site carried a simliar pic and it turned out to be bunk..... not saying this one is, but....

·
Registered
227 Posts
Very wild, I'm new to Colorado fishing, but this Cannabalistic tendancy is quite prevelant with Wahoo. I have, on several occassions been fishing at Walkers Cay in the Bahamas during the winter Wahoo bite, and it is not uncommon to have 4 or 5 Wahoo come into the baits at one time. Once one is hooked up it is not at all uncommon for this guy to lose his propellor (tail) on the way in. They still taste incredible, as you normally cut the tail off anyhow. I didn't know it also happens in fresh water.

T

·
0 Posts
eye-guy.............r u posting again ;D

i never assumed someone caught it. i figured these fish were found dead that way. neither could ever eat anything in that configuration!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts