Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to colorado and this forum. I was wondering about the Tiger Muskie fishing in the state? I have read that Quincy is the best place to go but have not talked to anyone that has fished it. Im guessing that the tipical Big Jerk baits and Spinner Baits would work. So any information would be helpfull. Thaks in advance!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Quincy hasn't been a tiger muskie fishery in years. They stopped stocking I think in 2001 and being hybrids they cannot reproduce. I think there is still 1 or 2 in there but it would be pointless to go there to target them, unless of course you want to catch bass

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Lunkerhunter,

When you reach 50 posts on this forum, I will give you information.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I've only caught one in all the years I've been fishing. Had a good one on about a year ago and it took off and broke my line like it was thread. I've seen them sunning themselves a lot on warm days. These fish are crazy strong-much stronger than pike IMO.

The one that I caught I caught on a jerk.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've only got one musky in my life..........I also wasn't fishing for them that day I caught one......I was walking along the shore line huckin a white roster tail........... out of nowhere I got a viscous strike and then he popped off.........I immediately cast back out and he hit it again........ this time I landed him.......... an awesome experience to have had! Whomp's right though some thorough research will bring you closer to what your looking for....... good luck on chasing a sweet fish!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I should make one thing clear. My success in CO for muskie is horrible. I have been hit up by a few people and I am willing to share bits of information that I have, but by no means do I claim to be a successful muskie fisherman in this state. That said, this year I will get my big one.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Here she is, my one and only:

As most people who have fished with me know (that's you Neal, Terre, kraz and z), all of my decent fish have been FLUKES and this one was no exception. I caught her trolling with a gray reef runner, in about 12' of water right along the weed line. I thought I had a bad snag but then she jumped out of the water and I finally realized I had a fish. Ha ha.

Oh, and if you didn't notice this is a musky and was caught in Minnesota. As usual there is a nice fish story here as this girl scared the crap out of my kids in the boat because I was telling stories that day I about how they are mean, nasty and full of teeth. They went to the opposite end of the boat as soon as I got her in. lol

So my advice is to try telling stories about them to scare little kids and one might bite. Seriously, I would love to catch a tiger here.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
J blowing up the few Colorado skis we have smh

They are hardly worth chasing most of the time.... Drive to another state or two is way more effective both in time and fish caught. No joke, lol

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
J blowing up the few Colorado skis we have smh

They are hardly worth chasing most of the time.... Drive to another state or two is way more effective both in time and fish caught. No joke, lol
I only told them your two favorite spots.. jeez.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts