Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the little fishing pamphlet I got from the DOW for the Fort Collins/ Loveland area it lists Tiger Muskies as being in Prospect Ponds. Anyone know anything about this? I can't imagine there's many. To me it seems that the pond furthest north is the deepest (and largest) and would be the best bet. I don't think I'm going to target them but I was just curious.

Interesting note; I've seen tons of shad in the "catfish pond" to the south. also a lot of small dead shad floating on the water...do shad regularly just die and wash ashore? I'm pretty new to the shad thing so I didn't know what to think.

·
Registered
578 Posts
farmer ted said:
In the little fishing pamphlet I got from the DOW for the Fort Collins/ Loveland area it lists Tiger Muskies as being in Prospect Ponds. Anyone know anything about this? I can't imagine there's many. To me it seems that the pond furthest north is the deepest (and largest) and would be the best bet. I don't think I'm going to target them but I was just curious.

Interesting note; I've seen tons of shad in the "catfish pond" to the south. also a lot of small dead shad floating on the water...do shad regularly just die and wash ashore? I'm pretty new to the shad thing so I didn't know what to think.

There are tigers in Prospect Ponds, quite a few of them too. It's not the north pond either. They are in the next pond, the one that has the "porch swing" at the southeast side.

·
Registered
382 Posts
farmer ted said:
i just recently had a shad swim infront of me slowly, then turn belly up and float on by while fishing there

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're off of prospect east of timberline but before riverbend (about 1/2 mile west of riverbend ponds. Take Sharpe point drive south off of prospect...the ponds are on your left.

·
Registered
382 Posts
TimberlineArcher said:
so where are the prospect ponds??? I am new to Ft. Collins...
Where eastbound prospect goes from two lanes down to one, the right lane becomes a turn only lane. Take that turn off (Sharpe Point dr.). follow that road all the way around the lakes and it becomes a dirt road to a parkinglot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts