Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, folks? It’s been a while. I haven’t fished much lately and haven’t logged on because I didn’t feel like taking advantage of all of you people’s reports while I wasn’t contributing anything. In addition, it helps me keep my mind off of fishing.

Welp, it ain’t the tigers some of you might have hoped to see:

BTW, that’s a giant number 6 Husky Jerk in its mouth (a whopping 2.5” for those of you who aren’t familiar with those lures). I must say, that it was my first tiger trout and I found the experience to be underwhelming. Why not just stock cutthroats?

Let it be known that I enjoy catching a slimer. Too. My son was proud of this stocker, which was the best fish of the trip last weekend:

Three generations of fish killas (including the person taking the pictures):

That lake was not too far from this city that certain people love to hate:

In August, I took the family camping for the first time in a couple of years. It was a success. Even for my wife, who prefers an air conditioned environment and shopping at the mall. My son was sooo proud of his giant bonfire:

In actuality, it was prolly only 6” across (it's the fire in the back of the main campfire):

Anyhoo, I found out that I need to spend more time with the family. I see myself doing more hiking/camping trips and not as many trips solely focused on fishing. The kids are growing way too fast and they don’t enjoy fishing…

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Our kiddos need us, good on you for being there for yours!

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
Very cool, AO! And yup...good to hear from you!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Very cool! I remember when my Uncle would take me camping and on his hunting trips. He would let me build my own fire ring and tend my own (smaller) fire.

That brought back good memories!

Good to see you post!

:smile:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Welcome back AO!

Good to hear from you.

Thanks for the report and pics sir!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice report and good perspective. Take advantage of being with your kids now, and then once they leave home you can quadruple the fishing hours! :thumb:

I also haven't done much fishing the past couple months, unless you count catching pink salmon in a river where they are crowded shoulder to shoulder (not very fun). Coming back to Colorado in a week or two and am going to fish like crazy for a couple months. 8)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi Linh. Good to see you posting. I was afraid that you had moved to one of the states east of us. You're correct to keep your life situation in perspective.....just as I did by not getting married or having kids :evil:. Fish when you can.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just as I did by not getting married or having kids :evil:.
Too late for that. But I really don't know what my life would be like without the wife and the kids...

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
good job on the tigers...great job with the family!...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts