Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I figured I'd post up an official report from my perspective anyway.(For those that dont wanna read: SKUNK and NO BITES)

Was a great turnout!! i heard it was 400+ but have not confirmed:

Here is my best attempt @ marking my approx.(Very rough estimates) fishing locations:

Yellow Circle= Approx. starting location. Fished here from 8:00- about 10:00. Marked prob 5 or 10 fish in the 1st hour(8am-9am) and then nothing from 9-10am. So i decided to move to the Orange location

Orange Circle: Fished about 15 minutes.. Marked no fish

Green Circle: Fished about 15 minutes.. Marked no fish

Pink Circle : Fished about 15 minutes.. Marked no fish

White Circle: Fished about 15 minutes.. Marked no fish

Blue Circle:(Bigger of the 2 and not the one overlapping the yellow) Fished about 15 minutes.. Marked no fish

Blue Circle : (Overlapping the yellow circle) Finished the day here and marked no fish

All places I fished were 15-16' deep(I was looking for somethign a little shallower)

Between Me, FistfullaFish, and my friend Adam we tried pretty much everything!! (Minnows, Nightcrawlers, Waxies, mealworms, Salmon eggs, powerbait) (jigs, tubes, spoons, plain hooks, ect)

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just wanted to say that even though I didnt catch anything i still had a great time!! Cool event that gives anyone a chance @ winning $2500!

Not to mention that it payed out to 12th place and prizes were being given out like CRAZY!!

I won an ice scooper and a Dynamic HD,

My friend Adam got a Dynamic lure and some chum lol,

and Fistfullafish was a lucky winner of an eagle Claw inline ice combo!!

So even through none of caught a fish(or even got a bite for that matter) we were still all winners!!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Yeah, We were on the So. side (left side of pic) about 5 rows from the back, 4 holes in. 15 feet deep..... marked fish through the first 20 mins. then not much after that.
Good time though... I meandered around a bit, talking to some friends, but worrying that CPW might nail me for an unattended rod.... after Nate said THEY would be out in force checking everyone...
Oh well.....

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, We were on the So. side (left side of pic) about 5 rows from the back, 4 holes in. 15 feet deep..... marked fish through the first 20 mins. then not much after that.
Good time though... I meandered around a bit, talking to some friends, but worrying that CPW might nail me for an unattended rod.... after Nate said THEY would be out in force checking everyone...
Oh well.....
Sounds like you were over near Kraz?

Any fish get caught in that area?

The guy who took 10th place(Caught a small trout in the 1st few minutes) was 2 holes from me!!(Yellow Circle)

I figured a hole by the edge would be key as it would be the 1st bait seen when fish cruise by... WRONG!! I dont think any fish came from a hole on the edge ?? ?? ??

Both suckers came from near the middle didnt they?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Nate said 410 people and only 36 fish weighed...it was tough...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I dunno...hopefully he made some money so I get a second chance...

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dunno...hopefully he made some money so I get a second chance...
When reading through the rules ect.. It said that the $2500 payout was based on an attendance of atleast 200... So I woud guess at over 400 it was a great success!!

I'll def. be attending atleast 1 of these next year(If it goes on)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I was there, but not fishing. Honestly glad I didn't take part in it. The prizes are nice and all but the tournament set up is lacking. 400 people packed into a football field fishing right on top of each other in one of the worst locations on the lake. This tournament would be perfect for kids. Like little kids who have little to no fishing experience.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Yep crappy spot...but an even playing field...everyone has a choice...

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I was there, but not fishing. Honestly glad I didn't take part in it. The prizes are nice and all but the tournament set up is lacking. 400 people packed into a football field fishing right on top of each other in one of the worst locations on the lake. This tournament would be perfect for kids. Like little kids who have little to no fishing experience.
I AM a "little KID'........ In an OLD Man's body!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I did have fun, just a few changes could make it a bit more fun. Like more beer and less clothing on the ice team girls! The even playing field idea makes the tournament like scratching lottery tickets. No skill required, but an epic gathering of skilled fisherman. Just curious if people could drill their own holes how different the whole thing would have been! Heck, even a larger playing field with some size to it would have made things better. Anyone could win that thing the way he does it now. It in no way tests an anglers skill.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did have fun, just a few changes could make it a bit more fun. Like more beer and less clothing on the ice team girls! The even playing field idea makes the tournament like scratching lottery tickets. No skill required, but an epic gathering of skilled fisherman. Just curious if people could drill their own holes how different the whole thing would have been! Heck, even a larger playing field with some size to it would have made things better. Anyone could win that thing the way he does it now. It in no way tests an anglers skill.
BINGO!! One of the reason i entered!! Also the giveaways!!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
There WAS BEER ??

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
No beer that I saw, but the pizza really hit the spot out there on the ice! 8)

No cheating going on with this style of tourney. Everyone can see what everybody else is doing.

I think Nate's sponsors got their money's worth and we'll see more events like this one.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

No cheating going on with this style of tourney. Everyone can see what everybody else is doing.

I think Nate's sponsors got their money's worth and we'll see more events like this one.
This was great if you got some of the 25 pies they brought. I onlygot a piece because my son brought me one.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts

There was BEER and PIZZA?? WTF? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
This thread is pointless without photos!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts