Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What we're up against: Times Square bomber's rant gives chilling look at jihadi mindset

Wednesday, October 6th 2010, 4:00 AM

Failed Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad yesterday got chillingly to the heart of the maniacal and unrelenting threat posed by radical Islam.

He was worse than remorseless; he was proud of his attempt to kill scores in Manhattan.

He was worse than accepting at being sentenced to life in prison; he took the sentence as his path, ultimately, to paradise.

He was worse than defiant; he declared that he was but a single foot soldier in a demented army that takes as its highest mission the creation of a fundamentalist Muslim empire.

He was correct only in the sense that the world is witnessing the spread of radical, violent Islam among the citizens of Western democracies.

Witness that many such people from America and Europe are making pilgrimages to Pakistan, as Shahzad did, for training in terror.

Witness that five German nationals were killed this week by a drone strike in a training camp in that country's lawless tribal area.

Witness that intelligence services are warning of the possibility of a "Mumbai-style attack" in Europe, referring to the Indian city that was the scene of a homicidal rampage last year.

Shahzad spoke for all these murderous zealots at his sentencing by Manhattan Federal Judge Miriam Cedarbaum. He said:

"If I am given a thousand lives, I will sacrifice them all for the sake of Allah fighting this cause, defending our lands, making the word of Allah supreme over any religion or system. We Muslims don't abide by human-made laws, because they are always corrupt."

And he said:

"Furthermore, brace yourselves, because the war with Muslims has just begun. Consider me only a first droplet of the flood that will follow me."

And he said:

"The message is there is only one God, the Lord of the universe; Muhammed, who is the last messenger and prophet. The Holy Koran is the last revelation to mankind, which obligates by its gospel to embrace Islam and become Muslims and save yourselves from the total pain of the last day."

And when Cedarbaum told Shahzad, "I do hope that you will spend some of the time in prison thinking carefully about whether the Koran wants you to kill," he said: "The Koran gives us the right to defend, and that's what all I'm doing."

This is the fire that burns because religion has been twisted and abased for evil. This is the scourge of our times.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2010/10/06/2010-10-06_what_were_up_against.html

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Sounds like the kind vitriol spewed by radical Christian abortion clinic bombers.

FPF said:
Im all for right of religious tolerance and crap but this shows exactly why i dont think muslims should be given that right
you are a world-class clown

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't believe that there's any conceivable way you can extrapolate what poisoned, hate-filled, and murderous people like Shahzad represent to the larger Muslim community. Certainly not in this country, where I think the vast majority lead peaceful and productive lives.

There's no doubt in my mind, though, that Faisal Shahzad is not the last of his kind either here or on the way.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
sswan said:
I don't believe that there's any conceivable way you can extrapolate what poisoned, hate-filled, and murderous people like Shahzad represent to the larger Muslim community. Certainly not in this country, where I think the vast majority lead peaceful and productive lives.

There's no doubt in my mind, though, that Faisal Shahzad is not the last of his kind either here or on the way.
What if say 10% of the worlds 1.3 Billion Muslims are radicalized? That is a very scary thought! And that is probably a conservative estimate truth be known ???

·
Registered
844 Posts
Some things can just not be allowed to live in a peaceful prosperous society. His views give insight to their regard of our laws and what keeps this country as free as it is. They won't settle for less than total theocracy. What some say is a peaceful religion don't understand the fine line separating the mass from the radicals.
Believe what he says when he claims to be the first droplet.

·
Banned
3,879 Posts
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
Sounds like the kind vitriol spewed by radical Christian abortion clinic bombers.
So...planting a bomb in Times Square is OK because someone bombed an abortion clinic...good analogy Funky...

...Id love to see you argue in court...I'd laugh...and laugh....and laugh...they'd throw me out right before they threw your case out...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
ElPasoCounty said:
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
So...planting a bomb in Times Square is OK because someone bombed an abortion clinic...good analogy Funky...
What's the difference? The name of the religion? The number of intended dead??

Neither one sounds like much of a difference to me.

In the current state of the world, a relatively small but vocal and determined bunch of Muslim radicals want to kill a bunch of Christians and impose their way of life on the west.

Meanwhile in the West, a small but determined bunch of right wing Christians want to nuke the Muslims and impose a democratic way of life on the whole Middle East.

Just switch the terms and it all sounds the same. Both groups are wrong, and it's the same basic blind hatred fueling them.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
ElPasoCounty said:
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:

...Id love to see you argue in court...I'd laugh...and laugh....and laugh...they'd throw me out right before they threw your case out...
who said it was ok? Your reading comprehension and critical analyses could use some serious help.

And If I'm arguing in defense of the bomber don't I want the case thrown out?

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
ElPasoCounty said:
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
What's the difference? The name of the religion? The number of intended dead??

Neither one sounds like much of a difference to me.

In the current state of the world, a relatively small but vocal and determined bunch of Muslim radicals want to kill a bunch of Christians and impose their way of life on the west.

Meanwhile in the West, a small but determined bunch of right wing Christians want to nuke the Muslims and impose a democratic way of life on the whole Middle East.

Just switch the terms and it all sounds the same. Both groups are wrong, and it's the same basic blind hatred fueling them.
SPOT ON!

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
You read my mind Oyey but I always hate to agree with gfyodf in any circumstance... :D :D :D :-\ :D
Hey, I don't like it any better than you do. :-[
That is just good entertainment right there... The truth is always the best humor.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts