Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a boat and taken it out a couple of times to Arvada and been succesful but with the wrong species catching nothing but stocker trout and a couple of nice cutbows.I haved jigged the dam with a crawdad with blue claws and nothing but some snags looking to catch my first smallmouth I have thrown husky jerks texas rigged worms with no avail  also have lost a couple jigs jigging bottom are there rockless jigs besides the weights that pull away  PLEASE any tips or ideas would be great pleas help me catch my first SMALLIE! ???

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Re: ARVADA RESERVOIR

Id try a drop-shot worked very slow or trying throwing a tube. Cast it out and let it sit for 30 sec. than pop-it and let it sit again.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: ARVADA RESERVOIR

I have been a shore fisherman my whole life so the deep water jigging is new to me as is trolling have landed a couple of trout trolling nothing else hopefully will get a muskie or big walleye out of there sometime the water temp was about 57 deg on sunday so hopefully the warm water species will become a little more active.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went out to try some of the methods and still no luck water temp was 49 in deep water and 51 in shallows did catch 11 stocker and 1 nice brown on a kastmaster well Ill keep trying do any of you fish Arvada often?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will go pick one up today what size do you recommend and what weight should i use when jigging at 35 ft of water?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts