11,877 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
You were right, and so was Scott Hastings.... He is a little b*tch

That is all.....
Damn straight. What a disgrace to the proud Chicago Bear tradition. :-[

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Today Cutler was the 3rd best QB on the Bears roster behind CSU's Caleb Hanie and just behind Todd Simms err Collins.

Was zManning right about Cutler all world talent 2 cent head or is it heart ???

TH

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Not a fan, but I wanted Chicago to win out of the last 4. Not for Cutler, but cause I hate the Steelers, not a big fan of anything NYC (thanks melo) and really don't like some packer fans. Hard to say that if he played the second half the outcome would have been the same or different, but I'd like to think that he would have pulled a Kordell and choked.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
zManning was right on this point all world talent 2 cent....
Actually he got a lot brighter...he was smart enough to not want to play for McDummy and a sheet hole organization like Denver...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Woo hoo three hundred yard games by Bears runningbacks in 16 games...move over Walter Payton...course thats one more than Slowshon had and Slowshon is a great back...of course Slowshon missed 3 games or he might have tied the Bears with 3... ::)

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
zman said:
Woo hoo three hundred yard games by Bears runningbacks in 16 games...move over Walter Payton...course thats one more than Slowshon had and Slowshon is a great back...of course Slowshon missed 3 games or he might have tied the Bears with 3... ::)
Yeppers...and the Bears were ranked 28th in the league passing...

With less of a running game...The Broncos ended up at number 7.... Sad as it seems...Orton definitely out performed Cutler this year.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I must of missed Orton winning the division with 1 win...brb gotta go check the standings...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
1. Urlacher only played in one game last year.

2. The bears overhauled their offense in the offseason, they added cutler, but more importantly they brought in Martz at OC and Tice to revamp the OL.

3. Forte is an excellent pass catcher and does a lot of his damage catching "extended handoffs" out of the backfield (and padding his QBs stats).

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As much as it turns my gut to have to say this....Phillip Rivers played on a torn ACL in the Championship game. He didn't abandon his team in the second biggest game of the season....AT HOME no less.

I don't know exactly what the injury was/is, but he looked healthy enough to stand on the sidelines with that hang dog look on his face.

Even if he really couldn't go, he should have gutted up, and went back out there with his team mates. He could have been a handoff machine, if he really couldn't sling it. At least it would have kept the Pack D somewhat honest.

I know it doesn't really matter, but I've lost all respect for Cutler. He let his team down. he quit on them. That's pretty weak, IMO.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
hobiecat said:
Could have helped his backup on the sidelines....led a cheer...offered some encouragement ....something..
I agree with that... that is his biggest weakness.

Let's just say he was injured bad and no way to play... You gotta do what you can... That was poor. He still has a lot to learn about how to lead...

With that, you don't get to the NFC championship game and give no credit to the QB... He did well, and will keep Chitown in the mix for years...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts