Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have tried them, what do you think?

Do they get hot?

I'd imagine breathing into cloth in the hot sun would get warm and moist...

What do you guys think?

I do like the idea of my neck and face not getting fried and not having to put on sunscreen.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I've tried two different ones and just can't get used to them. I see guys wearing them all the time out on the lake (Pueblo sun is brutal) so it must be different for others.

Sunscreen for me.

If you get one cut a slit for your blowhole.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ed,
I'm thinking what you've experienced, without a nose and mouth slit I imagine it'd be a bit warm.

If anything I guess you could use it to cover your neck.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I've got a Mangrove brand that I'll let you have cheap. You might go somewhere you can try one on-you'll know right away if its something you can wear.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I use mine constantly but do not like putting the cloth over my mouth. I just put it over the rest of my head. It keeps me super cool in summer, warm in winter. I put sunscreen on my nose and the small area it doesn't cover. I swear by them and hate when I forget em. When it's hot, there is nothing like soaking that sucker in the water and wearing it with a tiny breeze... instant comfort

·
Registered
902 Posts
ive been wondering about those as well. i hate blistered burnt necks. it makes the weed salve burn when you put it on. sometimes i get away with just weed salve for sunscreen. all natural!!! i sometimes wonder if the poison in sunscreen isn't worse than the sun cancer? weed salve really soothes mild sun burn and wind burn so well its gone in the morning.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
A company to check out that I like for their Buffs is Free fly.

https://www.freeflyapparel.com/

I am not a fan of covering mouth and nose unless it is really cold out but then my glasses get all fogged up. I use mine to cover my neck mostly. I do wear a collared shirt that i pop the collar up and use the buff to hold it up to keep the sun off the back of my neck.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I usually have a large silk bandana. It has a million uses. Blocks the wind, warm in summer cool in winter.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts

·
Banned
553 Posts
Just like a BBW. Shade in the summer and warm in the winter. :dance:

I just get mine wet and the breeze keeps it cool.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
*Sun protection (winter or summer)
*Keeps bugs from using my mouth and nostrils as hiding spots
*hides my ginger beard
*Looks sweet when I'm robbing banks!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I love Em and can pretty much wear them whenever. If it gets too hot I'll soak Em in water and ring them out before I put it on. It feels good when it's hot

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I ordered a few. BAndrews and I split the order, there was a promo code and we got 5 for $20 shipped!

It was worth $12 to get 3 of them and try them out.

If anything it sounds like they'd make good neck protection and can keep you cool when soaked in water.

sateam.company is where we ordered them.

The website and using the promo codes was a pain in the ass to be honest. I saw an ad with a promo code that wasn't working but I emailed them and they hooked it up.

I'll have to remember to pop my collar when wearing them... right CF Lurker?!? :)

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
I just put in an order for a 5 pak for $20.00, easy dealing for me. Discount code for 80% off is... SAVE80. We'll try them out! THX!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pikester, the problem with my order is I saw an ad with a promo code for $4 for any face shield, immediately went to the website and tried using it to say it was expired. I emailed them, they said sorry that code is expired try using these other two codes they gave me but they wouldn't work on what I originally wanted, just two shields. The codes they gave me worked if I wanted to order 5 or more. So a few back and forth emails and they got it squared away.

It seems like a pretty new company. Over three days of frequenting their website the layout has changed twice and promo codes have changed too. I understand the struggle of running a webstore as I used to be an e-commerce manager. It ain't easy!

But they got my order shipped out same day and were good about communicating. I'm happy so far!

Will report back when I get the order.

Oh and which styles did you order Pikester?

We wouldn't want to be out on the water lookin like twins! haha

1 - 20 of 43 Posts