Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I needed a mental health day from work. Called the kiddos out of school and took them to the local City Res. My son has always been into fishing and my daughter is following right in his foot steps. She had picked up 4 MRT's before my son had one. Finally he picked up a small MRT that picked up his spirit a bit. We continued our way around the lake and switched the focus from MRT's to Smallies. He got train wrecked after 15 minutes. Luckily he was using the MH Fenwick with braid instead of the UL trout rod he had been using most of the morning. Got the smallie to the boat for a quick measurement and a few pics and sent her on her way. 20.25" and from the info I found online probably somewhere around 5lbs. Caught on a Silver Deep Diving XRAP Shad. This is his first Master Angler fish. I don't know who is more stoked. Awesome day. Finished with 12 MRT's and the lone Smallie. Not bad for 4 hrs on the water on a Tuesday...

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Awesome right there! And kudos for teaching him the proper way to hold it.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Killer fish man, that lil' dude is stoked!

BTW, nice to see the kids wearing the jackets. I see kids all the time without the life vests on.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
What a fish!!! I love smallies but imo the bigger they get the stupider they look just because of their small mouths! AWESOME fish none the less

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Very cool man!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys. When I look back and think of some of the fish I caught when I was his age, and I still remember them as vividly as I do, I cant help but smile. I have no doubt he will remember that one for the rest of his life. And just to solidify that I am mailing in his Master Angler App this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
When I look back and think of some of the fish I caught when I was his age.
When I was his age, I was catching minnow size fish and they were what people considered to be trash species. Nicely done! :biggrin1:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts