Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
During the storm over a week back, Sam and I decided to go up to the Frying Pan River Toilet Bowl and do some fishing! It was freezing and windy but well worth the long drive with terrible road conditions
馃槂
馃ザ
We got there around 7:00AM and were the only ones there the entire morning! We landed a bunch of good size Brown Trout and Cutbow Trout, including Sam's PB Brown Trout at 20" and probably 3 1/2 pounds!

The Trout were jumping ALL OVER THE PLACE, full surface jumps too! Fun to watch and of course the bite was active too.
Caught a bunch using jerkbaits/crankbaits...Fingers were too cold to fly fish consistently...Was going to try High Sticking some Mysis Shrimp in the current but the current was running, assuming has to do with the ultra-dry Summer we had.

Got some drone shots of the toilet bowl and of course lots of fun fishing action! Hope you all enjoy the show!!

https://youtu.be/5vDtr48cFOo

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
That place can be great in shitty weather!!!!
All I know about fishing the toilet bowl is shitty or non-optimal weather...I don't like fishing in crowds so we try to target the days when we think no one else will be up there...That morning at the toilet bowl, no one showed up and I only saw 2 other fly fisherman from the spillway to Basalt on the way out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts