Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went up to the Frying Pan River Toilet Bowl a week and a half ago with my good friend and teammate, Remy! We showed up and had it all to ourselves for most of the morning:thumb::thumb: A really nice fly fisherman showed up and watched us fish a lot of the morning and also got his line in the water later when Remy took a break! Got to get some of his catches on film too, he was using shrimp (fly's tied like shrimp) Forgive me for my lack of fly knowledge.

Between me, Remy, and the fly fishing gentleman; we caught some really nice brown trout and rainbow trout! Some of them were really nice and thick (pictured)!! Also, got some really nice drone footage of the area!

Hope you enjoy the video!!

https://youtu.be/ia3aUq1Hza4

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice fish! :thumb:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Good video, some nice fish and looks really cold out there, congrats for braving the conditions.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Was REALLY hoping to land into one of the true RIVER MONSTERS that live in there...maybe next time. We saw a few swimming around, a couple had to have been at least near 30". We plan on going back there maybe in a week or so!

It was cold but to me, some numb fingers are worth it...The only really bad part is having to wet your hands in that water to hold the fish :( Didn't have a towel so that was sort of rough.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Those Hoefers you saw have been around the merry-go-round a time or two. I always get a kick out of their mouths. They look like swiss cheese.

There are some really nice wild rainbows in there though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those Hoefers you saw have been around the merry-go-round a time or two. I always get a kick out of their mouths. They look like swiss cheese.

There are some really nice wild rainbows in there though.
Ya the gentleman that was fishing with us said it's hard to get them because the spot is so heavily fished. I've heard/seen some of the rainbows that come out of there...Really hoping next time I go up there I can get into one of those monsters!:thumb:

·
Registered
624 Posts
What a cool video Tyler. I love watching these fish get caught with a jerk bait or a lure other then fly fishing, but on that note I also love fly fishing for them. :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What a cool video Tyler. I love watching these fish get caught with a jerk bait or a lure other then fly fishing, but on that note I also love fly fishing for them. :)
Thanks Cro! Glad you enjoyed, it was a blast making it!! Haha if i'm river fishing I don't leave home without them!! At least this episode I had some fly fishing in it ;D;D Going to have to learn though for spots like that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts