Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....looks like a good day to try some Pistol Pete's at Cottonwood Lake.

I'm not expecting much, except getting a line wet.

I'll try Forebay when the weather is nicer. Maybe Monday.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be a good day if I don't fall in.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I be trying fer shore.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I know you "fish for yourself" and all that commendable stuff... But please... For those of us who can't get to pretty trout lakes... Please post a couple trout pix. :)

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'll have to send me a camera. Mine went belly up a year ago.

Here's Cottonwood Lake if you like pretty lakes. It's 9 miles from me.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not rotary, but no cell either. No service in my mountains, so it's useless to me.

What's the matter you never seen trout before? Nothing big comes out of Cottonwood.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
A fish doesn't have to be big to be beautiful... PD's creek browns are small, but lovely little fish. Fishslap's panfish are all 10" and under... But they're true specimens.

Go to the gas station, buy a $5 disposable camera, take pix, then take the camera to WalGreens and have them put your pix onto a disc. Upload em and post em.

Do it for love of country.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know. You're a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't count on it. I don't even look at fishing reports. Why would I post one?

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I tried Cottonwood today. Pistol Pete's weren't doing a thing. All kinds of lures did nothing. Put on a pink Trout Magnet, and caught one on the first cast. I caught 3 more in about 5 casts. Just rainbow stockers 10"-12". Got bored out of my mind, and quit. I just can't handle fishing still water.

I'll just fish the Ark from now on with Trout Magnets, and dries on creeks.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
were you casting and retrieving with the trout magnets or just under a bobber, those have been one of my main lures this year for everything

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was using a bubble filled with water to keep the TM submerged while I retrieve it.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I use Verizon to play Pandora on my phone that I blue tooth to my portable Bose. If you ever hear red hot chili peppers radio station blaring it might be me. Thats at lakes up your neck of the woods. Sometimes when fishing is slow I troll cf for Oprah's awesome urban ul reports. I think my phones worked at every lake so far.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts