Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May is fast approaching and the anticipation to hit our favorite spots is heating up. If could list the top three or four lakes and species of fish you could get after, which would they be. I?ll start off:

Granby ? Ice out lakers
Powell ? Stiper run
Glendo ? Walleyes ? blame Eyeguy? we?ll need to talk
Sterling ? Wipers

Is it may yet!!!

Pete

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Pete, I feel ya! I have so many places I want to check out! I plan days where I can hit like 3 close together places in a day. I get to the 1st place, then when the time comes that I had planned on changing Ponds/Lakes I can't leave. Even if they are 10 minutes away, that's 10 minutes that I'm not fishing.  :(  At least it's staying light longer, and I have more time after work.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Jeez, I cannot even river fish the colorado for trout and I have a lot of places to hit!

#1: Jerry Creek Reservoirs for big bluegills and numerous largemouth. I can't wait for the big bluegills to come shallow!!!
#2: Ice off at vega. I will love to catch the rainbows and cuttbows fishing from my personal pontoon boat. They were huge during ice fishing season and it should be the same right now ;D
#3: Juniata Reservoir. I'll catch some walleyes, the occaisional big trout, and smallmouth!
#4: Highline lake: When the crappies become active, this place will be a blast with many crappies from 6"-14". The evening catfish bite will be heating up too, hopefully those pesky 10" stockies won't eat up my crappie jigs and chicken liver for cats.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Stuccoman,

How much ice is left at Granby? With the coolweather this week I would guess it won't melt much, but ice goes fast after runoff starts.

Pete had a pretty good list.
I will be at Granby the first weekend after ice out, if not this weekend, then next, or the next after that,....its good well into June.

I might be at Glendo depending on weather this weekend. I too am motivated by photos of large walleye...

We are going to Powell May 20th.

Sterling... Never been, OK, Jackson too.

Flaming Gorge.

Lonetree is the dark horse, but Ed likes Pueblo for wipers so I will give that a go instead.

Terre

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's nice to see we aren't suffering alone. I felt like I was the only one.

For me it's:

Spinney & 11mile Pike
Taylor res/river for Macs/Trout
High mtn lakes this summer for Cutts
All while trying to get these Bass tourneys in.

Tell me again while the wife stays with me? ;D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, misery loves company. Glad to see I'm not the only one suffering.

And there's Navajo for the smallies
Flaming Gorge - Smallies and trout
Neo Noshee and Martin for Wiper and Crappie

On and on... I need to hit the power ball.

Pete

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stuccoman,

Was your roommate fishing the ice at Granby or fishing open water?

If open water, did he explain how he was rigged to catch them?

Pete

·
Registered
280 Posts
Way to many descisions to make this month with Blue Mesa, Spinney, Flaming Gorge open and the Caddis hatch on the Arkansas. There just isn't enough time to do it all and another reason I prefer an early spring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts